Blue Point French Oak Winter Ale | Blue Point Brewing Company

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Added by cosmicevan on 01-05-2012

Reviews by cosmicevan:
4.14/5  rDev 0%

Was pumped when I heard this was on cask today and headed to the brewery right after work to taste and pick up some of the awesome globe glass finally back in stock. Pint arrived as a brown red with a full finger plus of almost pinkish webbie frothy didn't head. Smell was musty. Taste is wild. super creamy and the french oak adds an element of caramel and cream (although I imagine the cask really adds the creaminess). I got a sample of the winter ale to compare and they.are drastically different. the cask adds such a wonderful element to by he feel and the wood really tames back the amber notes and makes it a vanilla caramel bomb. the lacing on the glass was lush as I drank the brew down. I am blown away by this beer and would love to bring a growler home, but alas pints only. nice job by tje locals. really hope to seemoreexperimentation like this in the future. I would love to try this nit on cask to distinghish what is the barrel effect vs the cask effect, but this is a winner!

Blue Point French Oak Winter Ale from Blue Point Brewing Company