Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Python Pilsner | Nøgne Ø - Det Kompromissløse Bryggeri A/S

Added by Phyl21ca on 08-27-2013

3.77/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.94/5  rDev +25.4%

Let me start by saying that I was lucky enough to receive this bottle as a gift & what a gift is was! In a world where everyone focusses on IPA's, Stouts & sours it was nice to see a brewery go in a different direction.

Pour: Served from a bottle into a pint glass. Nice lacing, little carbonation & pours a nice orange color with very little head.

Aroma: big fruits & sugars; pear & Orange right off the bat. This beer smelled more like a mixed juice than a beer.

Taste: I've never been disappointed with anything from Nøgne Ø & the trend continues! This beer is absolutely amazing!!!! The aroma carries right into the taste! At first, a sweet honey with lots of pear & as it warms up the oranges, grapefruit & tangerines come out even more but still the honey & pear stay right in there.

Mouth: this is a medium bodied beer with just the right amount of carbonation. It's stickey & chewy & coats the tongue nicely with little bite but a great lingering citrus feel & flavor.

Overall: my new favorite pilsner! I absolutely love this beer! For a high ABV this is extremely drinkable & the alcohol is very well masked. You don't smell, taste or feel it. I hope the Sheldon brothers sign a new contract so this will ship to my area. Again, I got this as a gift so it isn't readily available but I wish it was!!! If you're a fan of IPA's or fruity beers I strongly suggest this brew!

3.5/5  rDev -11.2%

3.75/5  rDev -4.8%

3.75/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Bottle: Poured a bright golden color pilsner with a generous head with good retention and some lacing. Aroma of dry hoppy notes with sweet malt notes. Taste is also dominated by sweet malt notes with some dry hoppy notes and a yeasty dry finish with the Champagne yeast really showing though the other flavours. Body is quite full with good carbonation. Interesting and first time I can say that the Champagne yeast really came out as much.

Python Pilsner from Nøgne Ø - Det Kompromissløse Bryggeri A/S