KUL | City Brewing Company, LLC

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 09-09-2002

Reviews by ryanocerus:
2.88/5  rDev +72.5%

A slightly less than average beer, no different than any of the other macros. The golden color and heavy carbonation don't distinguish it and neither does the lack of aroma. The taste is slight malt with a decent amount of hops, but there was a heavy grain overtone that took away from the beer. I like some macros, but this is not one of the better ones.

1.03/5  rDev -38.3%

I can't believe I drank the WHOOOOLE thing...

Clear bottle. Bright light yellow gold with a fizzy white head. A dimethylsulfide and cooked rice adjuncty like smell. This ain't gonna be pretty...

Jeezus Hoppin' Christmas on a pogo stick this is bad. Starts with a fizziness that's truly impressive, followed by this adjucnty sweet cloying mess, then the finish kicks in. The finish. Pure, unadulterated, 100% Alka Seltzer. Salty and fizzy as hell. I swear to God, this beer finishes like Alka-Seltzer. Ever drink Alka-Seltzer and notice how the saltiness gets in the way of trying to swallow it? Same bloody thing here. Body? What body? Awful... Just awful. I had hoped that I had a bad bottle, but my buddy lost the same bet and his tasted that way too.

One of my coworkers said "How can it be that bad when the name has an umlaut?" It can, Padraig. Oh, hell yeah, it can.

1.28/5  rDev -23.4%

Clear bottle, with the smallest of a beer label, if you call it that, more of a thin sticker. Pours a straw, golden color, very little carbonation or head. Smell of strong grain, with a hint of veggies, very skunky at best. The initial taste of a strong grain, strong corn mix takes me on a macro-flashback, the harsh, cooked veggie aftertaste is not good. Easily one of the worst beers I've sampled.

1.5/5  rDev -10.2%