Sturgis Beer | City Brewing Company, LLC

City Brewing Company, LLC
Wisconsin, United States
citybrewery.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Summer

Added by KarlHungus on 08-25-2009

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
1.91/5  rDev n/a

A - Golden body with a fast paced bright-white head.

S - Malty and soapy aroma.

T - Malty flavor with again, a soapy after-taste.

M - Coarse and abrupt feel to the brew. Not at all a smooth drink.

~ This is a brew I ended up bringing home from Gnomefest. I must say, I'm glad I got to try it because it looked pretty interesting. However, looks in this case lead me to a brew that I will not recommend to my friends.

3.08/5  rDev n/a

This beer pours a nice spun gold color. The head is an inch in height, and recedes slower than most adjunct lagers leaving nice lacing. The aroma is of corn and pale malt. It is more pronounced than others in its style, but could be more complex. The taste is like the aroma. Pleasant, slightly flavorful for the style, and easy to drink. The mouthfeel is light bodied without being thin. Carbonation is high, but not annoyingly so. Overall, this is a decent Adjunct Lager. If I ever found myself ad Strugis, and I can't in a million years see how I could end up their, I would have no problem sessioning this beer.

Sturgis Beer from City Brewing Company, LLC