Pennsylvania Style Ice Premium Beer | City Brewing Company, LLC

City Brewing Company, LLC
Wisconsin, United States
citybrewery.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by woodychandler on 09-07-2009

Reviews by Retroman40:
1.82/5  rDev -21.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

12 ounce cans ice cold poured into a chilled pint glass.

A - Pours a very pale yellow with a huge fluffy head no matter how carefully poured. Head is very fleeting with little lacing.

S - Corn, cooked grains with no hops at all.

T - Slightly metallic and even wine like.

M - Very thin - the carbonation is gone by halfway.

O - What did I expect from a cheap beer from City? Glad I only got one can (for my collection) in a trade. This isn't even "lawnmower beer". Unless you collect cans I'd avoid.

3.15/5  rDev +35.2%

Thanks to woodychandler for the trade.Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a golden color with a 1 inch head. Smell is of corn, some malts. Taste is also of corn, slightly metallic, a bit of malts. Feels light in the mouth and has average drinkability. Overall this is a typical mediocre adjunct lager.

2.28/5  rDev -2.1%

Another day, anothier CAN. CAN you dig it? I know I CAN!

I got a couple of fingers' worth of bone-white head with poor retention. It rose and fell equally quickly. Nose had a lager sweetness underlain by a sharp alcohol quality. Color was a light yellow-gold with NE-quality clarity. Mouthfeel was medium with a very fusel alcohol quality on the tongue. Finish was fairly smooth, but there was no mistaking the alcohol burn that lingered. Wow! I had no idea that a high-gravity lager constituted "Pennsylvania Style", but I now have some CANs for trade, if anyone would like to add this to their repertoire.

2.75/5  rDev +18%

2.13/5  rDev -8.6%

Poured a light golden hue (I'm getting sick of typing that actually) with a huge rocky white head that faded fast (of course it did) this is my third in a series of CANquest trials... they all looks the same ...
Smell is heavy sweet corn and booze nothing else.
Taste follows the nose and really isn't that great.
Mouthfeel is water light and thin
Drinkability meh this would do in a frat party but not my cooler or fridge...

Pennsylvania Style Ice Premium Beer from City Brewing Company, LLC