WPA (Wisconsin Pale Ale) | South Shore Brewery

Awaiting 10 Reviews
WPA (Wisconsin Pale Ale)WPA (Wisconsin Pale Ale)

South Shore Brewery
Wisconsin, United States
southshorebrewery.com

Style: American IPA

Added by Strix on 01-23-2012

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 7
Reviews by Strix:
4.23/5  rDev +5.5%

Orange-copper, nice initial head, very good lacing.

Pine the primary aroma, slight grapefruit hint.

Nice malt base, caramel notes, then a huge wash of Cascadey pine. Sharp, crisp pine/citric finish. Nice lingering hop flavor on this, and balanced enough they can get away with it without being overwhelming.

Medium-high carbonation, somewhat resinous.

Been awhile since I've had their APA, but this compares quite favorably. Actually, this compares quite favorably with many middle-high end IPAs, SN Celebration comes to mind.

I heard this had Wisconsin barley and hops. I'm extremely happy to drink locally in this anti-small-brewer climate. Keep it up South Shore!

3.97/5  rDev -1%

Poured from 22oz into Duvel tulip

A - Dark copper and rust color, won't win a beauty contest. Decent 1 finger white head leaves a ring around the glass. Plenty of lacing on my tulip.

S - Nice bready malts, caramel with pine and citrus.

T - Hits with a bitterness that transitions into a nice malt backbone of caramel, bread and light toffee. Finish is again bitter, but different with more of a unripened citrus and grapefruit bitter. I really enjoy how this is put together with the transition of bitter, sweet, bitter.

M - Medium body with decent carbonation. It is somewhat sticky and leaves some resin on my tongue.

O - Great first impression of this brewery for me, I will definatley pick up another one of these to enjoy. Not many of their bottles make it to Madison, so I'll have to watch for others. Really nice APA and different from Moon Man and Hopalicious.

Received this nice email from the brewer: "Thank you for enjoying our product. Our Wisconsin Pale Ale is different from our American Pale Ale. Everything used to make our Wisconsin Pale Ale is locally grown in Wisconsin."

4.25/5  rDev +6%

3.75/5  rDev -6.5%

3.5/5  rDev -12.7%

4.25/5  rDev +6%

2.5/5  rDev -37.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

WPA (Wisconsin Pale Ale) from South Shore Brewery