Amber Ale | Brothers Brewing Company

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Added by BeerAdvocate on 10-18-2002

Reviews by BeerManDan:
4.92/5  rDev +25.2%

Poured deep amber in color with a very little head that dissapated in seconds. The aroma is a sweet smell of candy, honey and malts. The taste is of a rich sweet malty candy and honey flavor with just a bit of bitterness to balance out the favor. The after taste is mild and just lingers on. I love this local beer. Sent some to my friend in Nevada and had to buy him a couple cases for when he come down. Its accually called "Honey Brewed Amber Ale".

3.32/5  rDev -15.5%

Medium Brown color, medium head. Nice malts, some hoppyness. "Honey brewed" there is a slight sweetness. Nice malt/hop balance. Mouthfeel is full. Mild taste, good flavor. Finish is clean. Aftertaste is slightly bitter, with just a touch of sweetness.

3.56/5  rDev -9.4%

Not the best Amber that I have ever tasted. Aroma is malty and a little sweet. Pours a deep amber color with very little head.

Tastes average for an amber to me. Amber is my favorite style and this one is good, but just that. It is malty but lacks the hoppy kick at the end that I usually enjoy from an amber like with Golden Gate or Red Hook ESB. Overall a pretty average to good beer. Goes down easy so I go on this all night, though I would like something with a kick mixed into the rotation. Maybe IPA's have ruined my palate.

Brewed in Oakland California, just south of my residence for the past four years. To my knowlege, the only African-American owned Brewery in the nation and they have some good products.

Amber Ale from Brothers Brewing Company