Cherry Bomb | Widmer Brothers Brewing Company

Style: American Strong Ale

Added by Shaw on 10-13-2005

Reviews by Shaw:
3.23/5  rDev 0%

I had a glass of this beer at Widmer's Gasthaus with my fiancee. Our waiter, Mike, said this was brewed for the Great American Beer Fest. Widmer took their double bock, added two types of cherries and aged it in bourbon barrels.

It's a deep ruby in color without much head. The smell is heavy on alcohol and also has some aromas of tart cherries.

The main flavor? Alcohol. There is also a tartness from the cherries but that flavor is a distant second. This is like liquor. I'm having a tough time rating this beer. I imagine it's exactly like the brewers designed but it's a bit too boozy for me.

The mouthfeel is slick from the alcohol and leaves a tingling in my mouth.

At 11.5 percent, this is a beer to have in moderation and is best enjoyed slowly.

4.27/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Cherry Bomb from Widmer Brothers Brewing Company