Hurricane Mild | Paddock Wood Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Paddock Wood Brewing Co.
Saskatchewan, Canada
paddockwood.com

Style: English Pale Mild Ale

Added by Noxious26 on 03-29-2006

3.08/5  rDev 0%

341ml bottle poured in a pint glass. Label has a picture of a Hurricane fighter plane (circa WW2).

Pale, orangey-gold colour and clear. Head is off-white, but only a thin cap emerges after the pour, and even that is down to a thin ring around the edges quickly.

Mild aroma of light malts. Weak undertones of toffee and butter. There really isn't much here at all.

The flavour is just the opposite of the aroma. While the aroma is weak, the flavour is bold. The first sip really surprised me because I was expecting something "mild" after the aroma. Toasted grains and full malt dominate the palate. There's a real biscuity presence too. Finish is strongly malt bitter. Throughout this beer there's a real tartness that is hard to identify.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied with almost no carbonation.

I'm not sure whether I like this beer or not, but it's certainly different. This is the first Mild Ale I've ever had so I don't have any experience to compare it to really. The low alcohol helps raise the drinkability, but there's nothing about this to really make you want to grab another one. Mind you there's nothing really bad about it either.

Hurricane Mild from Paddock Wood Brewing Co.