Oatmeal Stout | Paddock Wood Brewing Co.

Liked This Beer

Liked:
3.88/5
Alströms:

3.88/5  rDev 0%

650ml bottle poured in a pint glass. The girl at the brewery told me that their Oatmeal Stout is better than Bushwakker's. Let's just see about that...

Absolutely black and opaque. Creamy brown head is 1/4 inch on the pour, but quickly reduces to a thin ring leaving behind bits of lacing.

Aroma of various malts: roasted, chocolate, burnt. Aroma is steady, but lacking complexity.

Predominately biscuit flavour at the start with hints of burnt in the background. Through the middle elements of coffee and chocolate pop out here and there to complement the biscuit and burnt. Finish and aftertaste are burnt and acidic.

Full bodied with minimal carbonation. Not quite chewy, but definitely solid.

I don't know if I'd say it's better or not, but it's certainly good. I'd say they're both good, just a little different. One of the better offerings from Paddock Wood in my opinion. Lacks that creamy smooth mouthfeel in most oatmeal stouts and the nose is a little plain.

Oatmeal Stout from Paddock Wood Brewing Co.
Beer rating: - out of 100 with 1 ratings