Hefeweizen | Blackhorse Pub & Brewery

Added by superdedooperboy on 04-13-2009

3.7/5  rDev -8.4%

4.26/5  rDev +5.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Hazy orange, lots of foam at first cuz I served it on the warmer side. Strong wheat smell, bits of clove, banana, lemon citrus. Rather assertive flavours of the aromas that I mentioned. My can says 6.2% abv and brewed in Knoxville.
Excellent Hefeweizen!

3.51/5  rDev -13.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

4.03/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Strong presence of wheat, with the proper amount of coriander and citrus flavor. Served with a lemon, but I took it out as soon as the glass touched my table. Solid flavor, fairly low on carbonation, pale, hazy orange color and a solid 1-2 finger white head. The smell is very pleasant and had a fruity banana & clove hint followed by a tease of the other flavors this beer offers. Easily one of my favorites here and I wish they carried this one year round. Not to mention this may be in the top Hefeweizens I've ever had.

4.25/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.44/5  rDev -14.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

3.65/5  rDev -9.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.5/5  rDev -13.4%

3.5/5  rDev -13.4%

4.36/5  rDev +7.9%

I believe this to be the best beer offered by the Blackhorse, too bad it's a seasonal. A very refreshing hefeweizen one the best I've had. I don't know why people insist on putting that lemon on the glass. Had a nice 2 finger off white head, nice lacing on the galass.

4.97/5  rDev +23%

I had the pleasure of drinking this beer from a keg at home back in the mid 90's and had the greater pleasure of knowing the head brewer at the time Travis. I remember sitting on my back lawn watching the sunset and drinking this beautiful beer. Travis has since passed to another realm, but I am sure he is still creating wonderful beers...

4.42/5  rDev +9.4%

Had the pleasure of enjoying this one fresh on its release day, April 10, 2009. Served in a Weizen glass with a garnish of lemon. (Lemon slice was removed before drinking.)

Hazy orange-gold in appearance with a fat meringue of off-white foam that recedes at a leisurely pace to a half-finger crown, leaving thick rings of lace behind on the sides of the glass.

An initial thick whiff of bubblegum melds into faint spicy clove and a bit of fruity banana.

Light in body, with a fairly low carbonation for the style. On the palate, a grainy wheat character blends with a full onslaught of the standard Hefeweizen fare, with a rich Bavarian yeast character leading into a medium-dry, spicy finish.

Quite a pleasant surprise, as fresh as could be and an exceptional example of a Bavarian Weizen that could stand alongside the best Bayerischen examples.

Hefeweizen from Blackhorse Pub & Brewery