Apparition Ale Cask With Sovereign Hops | Moon River Brewing Company

moonriverbrewing.com

Style: English Bitter

Added by jsanford on 07-30-2011

3.83/5  rDev 0%

Poured on 7/27 as the Cask Beer of the Week. Served in a big ol' Mug.

Poured a cloudy orange with a very creamy white head that left great lacing. Very pretty looking brew! Lovely aromas of toasted caramel malt and crisp, floral hops. Flavor is quite "toasty" and slightly nutty, with a touch of smoke and more floral, herbal hops. I wish I was more educated in Sovereign hops, all the info I can find says it's a new hop varietal with "soft, earthy, and floral characteristics". I can definitely pick up these flavors, it's a very interesting brew. Mouth-feel is smooth and creamy, with low carbonation (as expected from the cask). This was a real treat, and the first of what I hope is many Cask Ale Wednesdays!

Apparition Ale Cask With Sovereign Hops from Moon River Brewing Company