Kaltenberg Royal Lager Beer | Daniel Thwaites Brewery PLC

thwaites.co.uk

Style: German Pilsener

Added by BlackHaddock on 05-23-2009

3.62/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Better than a Carlsberg and a Heineken, but nowhere near a good Corona.

2.3/5  rDev 0%

Blue 440ml can, brewed under license in Blackburn, loads of life left when reviewed in May 2009. Poured into 0.5 litre Schultheiss straight glass.

Very pale gold, clear body, with a tighty foaming white head, looked like a typical German pilsner.

Aromaless, gets my normal 3 for a non smelling pilsner/lager.

Oh dear, it is tasteless too. The can claims it uses the original pure yeast strain and is supposed to be hoppy, well it isn't and they've wasted the yeast.

Not impressed at all, weak, thin and watery. Had I realised it was only 3.8% and brewed in the UK I wouldn't have bought the fourpack, I must wear my glasses when beer buying!

Kaltenberg Royal Lager Beer from Daniel Thwaites Brewery PLC