Crafty Devil | Daniel Thwaites Brewery PLC

3.53/5
Alströms:

3.53/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Hand-pulled pint in my local Wetherspoons (Wellington, Shropshire) on 2 Nov 2012: during the Beer Festival.

Good healthy looking, warm reddy, brown ale with a thick foaming head, creamy in texture and colour: the head gave some heavy lacing as the beer sank.

Fruity, malty (toffee) notes in the nose and taste with a dry finish but not overly bitter in that dryness. Tasting notes mentioned spice: I couldn't find any evidence of spices in my pint, but I did enjoy it.

Crafty Devil from Daniel Thwaites Brewery PLC