Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

Georgia, United States | website

Style: American Brown Ale

Added by ChainGangGuy on 01-31-2012

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3

All I can remember about this beer is that it was ok, I enjoyed it but it was not my favorite beer out their. I was only able to have it on draft, I would have liked to try it in a bottle as well as the draft that I tried. This beer was worth trying, If they ever bring it back, I more than likely will try it again considering how long it has been since I have had this beer.

3.67/5  rDev +5.8%

Available at the 8th annual Atlanta Cask Ale Tasting this past Saturday. According to the issued handout, this is the base beer for the upcoming, presumably barrel-aged Red Brick 17th anniversary release.

Appearance: Passed to me a hazed, medium brown body. It’s kind of muddled, but let’s just stick with hazed for now. Nil head.

Smell: Treacle-soaked stiff barley grains with some caramel, bready notes, incredibly faintly nutty, and hints of near-dehydrated fruits and alcohol.

Taste: Firmly sweet maltiness, with lowly nutty caramel and a noted breadiness registering. Fruity accents of cherry, golden raisin, though none of it unduly pronounced. Earthy, faintly resinous hops with some underlying bitterness. Drying, malty finish.

Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied. Lightly carbonated.

Overall: It’s fine, really, I guess I’ll have to come check this out to see where it went post-barrel aging. As it is now, it sorta reminds me of a Lagunitas release, bringing to mind Hairy Eyeball or We’re Only In It For The Money. But only sorta!

Red Brick Strong Brown Ale from Red Brick Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.