Juliette | Brasserie Uberach

3/5
Alströms:

3.25/5  rDev 0%

2.75/5  rDev 0%

Bottle from Cave a Bulles. Simon asked if I liked "strange" brews and recommended this beer to try something new.

Look: Hazy orange-gold, with white head.

Smell: Peach soap is the first that comes to my mind, quickly followed by the floral smell of roses (rose perfume) and some hints of citrus (orange). Must be one of the worst smelling beers I ever had. This is nice for taking a shower, not to drink.... Or one can put it in the toilet as Pot Pouri...

Taste: Quite some better than expected based on the smell, but still sweet, soapy, floral with again some hints of orange. In the dry aftertaste there is a slight hint of ginger as well.

Mouthfeel: Medium to light bodied, watery, medium-high carbonation

Overall: Simons was right that this beer is a not ordinary brew, this is a crazy brew indeed. Very original. I am happy I bought and tried it. Did I like the beer in the end, not really. Too soapy and too sweet for my pellet. Nice beer for a hot summer day maybe

Juliette from Brasserie Uberach