Hop Project #48 | Yazoo Brewing Company

Yazoo Brewing Company
Tennessee, United States
yazoobrew.com

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

For this puppy, we used Columbus, Warrior, and Chinook for bittering; Hallertaur, Citra, and Amarillo for flavor at 30 minutes; Hallertaur, Citra, and Amarillo at 5 min; and dryhopped with Amarillo and Centennial.

Added by titosupertramp on 06-11-2011

Reviews by GeoCait:
3.5/5  rDev -5.7%

3.33/5  rDev -10.2%

Bottled second week of April.

A: Dark amber in color, murky. Nice soapy white head that leaves behind thick film with large bubbles around the edge. Loads of lacing.

S: Smells a bit on the sweet side to me. Caramel, pine, slight citrus, bready malts. Towards the end, I notice something that smells peachy. That just upped the score to 3.5 for smell.

T: Pine, floral, and just a bit lemony citrus..also has a tea like flavor that I've started noticing in a lot in some IPAs. Toasted and caramels malts round out the flavor. Also has some spiciness to it. Leaves behind a very bitter taste.

M: Medium bodied. Finishes dry and bitter.

O: Overall, not bad. I'm glad I picked this up, but I doubt that I could finish off an entire six pack of this.

Hop Project #48 from Yazoo Brewing Company