Copper Creme Ale | No-Li Brewhouse

No-Li Brewhouse
Washington, United States
nolibrewhouse.com

Style: Cream Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Zraly on 07-05-2003

Liked:
3.36/5
Alströms:

3.01/5  rDev -10.4%

The appearance of this beer is a real pale gold color, very clear and clean. The nose is malt forward, but a little grainy, I didn't really detect much hop aroma. The flavor is average not overly complex, the only thing that stands out is the CO2 bite. Mouthfeel is light and crisp very drinkable.

3.5/5  rDev +4.2%

I had this one at the Northern Lights Brewery. I'm not sure the word "copper" is in the name, but it was the only creme ale in the place. Served in a pint glass.

Pours a pale gold color with a very light haze. A small, sticky head fades fast, but what is left clings to the glass nicely.

The smell is faint and earthy,, with a aroma of wet grain.

The taste is sweet and sharp. Tastes a bit like flower petals. There is a very mild hop presence.

Mouth feel is light but not watery, crisp and clean.

A very drinkable beer, but a bit one dimensional, on the lager side. I'd have it again in a pinch, but it's not my favorite from this brewer.

3.57/5  rDev +6.3%

Got a fresh glass of this at the Pub. I watched my glass being tapped at the bar. It pourned with hardly any head. An "okay" orangey copper. The smell reminded me of something toasty and sweet. (Maybe sweetened cereal a la Lucky Charms???)

The taste was extremely accessible. It was dominated by flavors of biscuit, a mild nuttiness, a touch of maple syrup and summertime fruits (think melon). The mouthfeel was of a creamy vanilla character. There were finishing notes of honey and the slight carbonation made it easy on the palatte. However, the hops were barely detectable. A little bit o' bitter would have made this a well-rounded brew and it would have accentuated the melony flavors more.

Smooth and sweet, I enjoyed it. But certainly not everyone's cup of tea.

Copper Creme Ale from No-Li Brewhouse