Excellent Adventure Barley Wine | Dogwood Brewing Company

Dogwood Brewing Company
Georgia, United States
dogwoodbrewing.com

Style: American Barleywine

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by aracauna on 11-04-2003

Reviews by RocPorterFanatic:
3.5/5  rDev -14.4%

4.2/5  rDev +2.7%

This was a very nice beer. This seemed to me to follow more the English style of barleywine than the American style. The hops were strong enough to support the sweetness and alcohol, but not overpowering or harsh like many of the popular American Barley Wines when they are this young (I think this was brewed this year). Big barleywine fruitiness, big alcohol (although held in check enough to not become offensive) and a nice malty body made this an excellent barleywine. I really hope the Georgia alcohol limit on beer is raised this time so Dogwood can start selling this in state.

I wonder if it will age well. The beer is already perfectly balanced (in a big way of course). Usually the hops in young barleywines are hugely out of proportion to the rest of the beer. I'm not sure that aging will make this any better. Hopefully I'll get a chance to find out.

3.5/5  rDev -14.4%