Sleepy Hollow Pumpkin Ale | Smoky Mountain Brewery & Restaurant

Smoky Mountain Brewery & Restaurant
Tennessee, United States
coppercellar.com

Style: Pumpkin Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Fall

Added by FtownThrowDown on 11-07-2006

Reviews by FtownThrowDown:
4.47/5  rDev +23.5%

I feel very fortunate to have tried this one. I've been searching and trying many Pumpkin Beers and I'm not hesitant in saying that this is the best that I've ever had.
Tried it on draft at the Smoky Mountain Brewery in Pigeon Forge. Poured in a one liter mug.
Served in a ice cold mug that I had to let "warm-up" a little. Appears a dark orange/brownish color with slight head.
The taste is pumpkin pie in a glass. They really nailed this one for me. Other pumpkin ales are too spicy, or based off a really bad brown ale to start with. It's hard to explain, but if you've ever smelled a Pumpkin Spice Yankee Candle, this is what it tastes like. Truly incredible.
Even the help at SMB said that this years formula was the best ever. Truly a treat. Finished well, full of complexity and flavors all over the tongue. Didn't coat your mouth or make you tire of drinking it.
My only complaint is that the tap blew when I was trying to get a growler full to bring home. I felt I had to share this one, but there was none left.
Hopefully they brew with the same formula again next year. If so, I'll plan my next trip around this beer being served.

3.06/5  rDev -15.5%

on tap at the Pigeon Forge location

light brown in color. extremely strong spice aroma and taste. heavy on the clove. too much. thin to medium body.

3.41/5  rDev -5.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

3.8/5  rDev +5%