Punch Face Pilsener | Keweenaw Brewing Company

Awaiting More Ratings

Keweenaw Brewing Company
keweenawbrewing.com

Style: Czech Pilsener

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by association330 on 01-06-2009

3.53/5  rDev 0%

Just bought the growler an hour ago. Brewer claims it was made with Saaz hops and Pilsener malts, in the Bohemian tradition.

A - Pours a golden straw color with a fleeting, one-finger head that leaves behind a ring of foam. Average lacing. Unfiltered and hazy.

S - A bit grassy, with floral hops and a hint of that 'old barn' scent I detect so often in the nose of imports and American attempts at the style.

T - Malty and a bit fruity up front, with a quick 'punch' of the bitter Saaz hops on the swallow and a lingering floral bitterness on the tongue. Pretty basic, but solid.

M - Crisp and refreshing, but not so thin as that it's watery. I'd spot it on the lighter side of medium-bodied.

D - Quite sessionable. Really, I would take this anywhere I could. It's decent, refreshing, and tasty.

This needs to go into the regular brewing rotation, if not the year-round lineup. It's not a great Pils, but it's a solid one and easily the first KBC beer I've honestly enjoyed. If they avoid batch variability, this would probably be a much safer bet than most of the skunked imports I've bought around here.

Punch Face Pilsener from Keweenaw Brewing Company