Harvest IPA | Amnesia Brewing

Amnesia Brewing
Washington, United States
amnesiabrews.com

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Fall

Added by freed on 11-18-2005

Liked:
4.54/5
Alströms:

Reviews by freed:
4.54/5  rDev 0%

Holy Crap.

I had this on tap at Concordia last night. I tend to like the fresh hop/green hop ales even though they're a little low on the IBU scale. I got a pint of this, took one smell and did an olfactory double-take.

The pour is a nice deep golden, high clarity, and active carbonation forming a nice full white foamy head.

The aroma is like being in Yakima at harvest time. Like following a hop bale truck or being in a kiln drying the hops. Your eyes start to water and your skin starts to itch. It's just amazingly potent and creates quite a reaction. I'm stunned Amnesia was able to create these sensations.

The taste is also just as alarmingly powerful. I once chipped some hop resin off a conveyor belt in a kiln and immediately regretted eating it because it was so condensed and bitter. This beer is like that, but in a good way. The downside to eating the pure resin was that it made you powerfully thirsty. This beer solves that problem by delivering the lupaline in solution.

Despite the hugeness of the flavor, there is variety in the hop profile. I don't want to imply that it's just bitter. The whole range of the hop aromas and citrusy, floral tastes are crammed in to this beer, and it's really a sensory trip.

Drinkability is a tough call. I don't think most people could drink many (or much) of this, but by the end of the pint I was aching for more.

If you like hops, go get this beer.

Harvest IPA from Amnesia Brewing