Way Heavy Scottish | 4th Street Brewing Co.

3.05/5
1 Rating

4th Street Brewing Co.
Oregon, United States

Style: Scotch Ale / Wee Heavy

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by RedDiamond on 05-23-2005

Reviews by RedDiamond:
3.05/5  rDev 0%

A potent, charismatic beer, not for the faint of heart. The peat and the smoke of it approach the threshold of being overwhelming. In fact, I’d say it’s a bit too smoky and comes across as nearly a rauchbier, though my palate did accommodate to the taste over the course of a pint.

Way Heavy is a rotational offering of deep, crushed-cherry color. It is clear, headless and laceless, and its aroma can’t compete with the ambiance of the bar. But it can be approached if you’re willing to make the effort.

On a side note: I drank a total of four pints at the Main Street Ale House during the course of the evening. The next day I endured one of the most excruciating hangovers I’ve ever known. The quantity of alcohol in the beer was insufficient to have caused me such pain. I suspect the Way Heavy was in some way responsible. It just might be heavier than it seems. Proceed with caution.

Way Heavy Scottish from 4th Street Brewing Co.