Double Pilsner | Crescent City Brewhouse

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Crescent City Brewhouse
Louisiana, United States | website

Style: Czech Pilsener

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by WJVII on 02-26-2011

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 4
3.4/5  rDev -13.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

A slightly more aggressive version of the pilsner at the same location. Clean gold color, light cap of froth. Scent brings mostly citrus and grassy notes from hops, light malts. Taste takes a slight hit in terms of classic pilsner malt taste, but slightly more aggressive citrusy hopping rounds out the taste. Medium bodied, faintly oily. A decent, amped up pilsner akin to many Americanized versions of the style.

4.16/5  rDev +5.9%

Okay so I'm not doing a normal (for me anyways) review here b/c I didn't take notes on this....I really just wanted to chill after a long drive and then a long flight so this is from memory....this was my favorite beer and I ordered more than one so it sticks out for me so I think this abbreviated review is accurate!

I believe our waiter said this was sitting around 10% alcohol but I'll tell you, it sure didn't taste like it....that's how smooth it is! Also, this beer is a double hopped, double malted version of the standard Pils that they do, so we were told!

It had a really nice golden hued color with a moderate head that stuck around for not a long period of time. It didn't have much carbonation upon inspection and the lacing was decent. I didn't think it smelled much like a Pilsener but then again I did notice the malt used....the hops were a little muted for the style I thought. With that said though, I found this to taste wonderful, being smooth, malty, yet well hopped on the finish, providing a crisp, but not overdone bitterness. My wife didn't like this one, saying it was too strong but I didn't find that at all. Drinkability was also excellent as I had a pint after our sampler platter and then again had this upon our second visit to the brewpub later in the evening. If you get a chance to try this one, I highly recommend it!

In NO for a wedding and sat and had a sampler with dinner. This was the seasonal selection for the sampler I had and was actually the best of all 5 (even though not all that spectacular). This brew had a hazy golden wheat color with a slight cap (head must have settled before getting to my table). The aroma was very strong of bread and malts. The taste was sharp and crisp with a nice balance of hop in the finish. The body was light/medium and had decent carbonation. This was a good brew and I did have another after the sampler.

Double Pilsner from Crescent City Brewhouse
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.