Lowenstein (for Aldi UK) | Brasserie de Saint-Omer

brasserie-saint-omer.com

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by BlackHaddock on 11-03-2012

2.48/5  rDev -25.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

4.64/5  rDev +39.8%

3.5/5  rDev +5.4%

2.65/5  rDev -20.2%

440ml can, best before 06/2013.

Every so often I do something stupid: like buy beers I know I'll not really enjoy, seeing this 'Lowenstein' Pilsner with the German name in my local Aldi and noting it was actually brewed in France, I still bought a four pack!

Poured into two 'Veltins' Pilsner stemmed tulip glasses on 02 Nov 2012, the beer looked fine: usual lager/pilsner clean, bright, golden body with the customary thin white head on each glass.

The nose was weak: slight hop notes but nothing else.

The actual beer was semi-hoppy, dry, refreshing but with a mild metallic feel. This is OK for a cheap supermarket brew and I'll happily give the other three cans to my son and his mates over christmas.

Lowenstein (for Aldi UK) from Brasserie de Saint-Omer