Belgian Dubbel | Zero Gravity Craft Brewery / American Flatbread

Liked:
3.85/5
Alströms:

3.75/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured into a tulip, the appearance was a ruddy dark yet burnt purple almost brown color with a thin white foamy head that dissipated evenly. Lingering sticky lace. The aroma bleeds Belgian spiced fruit. Yeasty effects take some place with a light bready to semi-white pepper background. The flavor balances between the yeasty/breadiness and hits the fruit and the spice fairly decent. No aftertaste but it does have a quick sweet yeasty sort of finish. On the palate, this one was about medium in body with a fair crisp carbonation about it. Bready malts slide over in a smooth fashion on my tongue. Overall, decent Americanized dubbel that I could have again.

3.81/5  rDev -1%

Served in a snifter glass.

Pours a reddish brown with a thin light tan head that dissipates quickly with light lacing, there are lots of little bubbles climbing up the side of the glass. Aromas of dark fruit, cherry, light smoke, and alcohol. High carbonation, medium body the first taste cleans the palate. Lots of flavors here: sour cherry, tart green apple, chocolate malt, toffe, vanilla with a lemony hop dry finish. Very well balanced, each flavor is dominant at different times. A great sipping beer.

Stopped by Flatbread today to check out new beers. Upon arriving, the bartender said that he recognized me and gave me a small sample of the Dubbel that was unmarked on tap. According to him, this Dubbel has been aged for a year I believe.

Poured a ruby red color with a nice head. Aroma was nice and malty, fruity with a subtle aroma of raisin and spice. Taste was smooth and dry with a nice raisin/currant aftertaste. Very drinkable and limited as well I'm sure.

Cheers to the bartender for allowing me to sample this. I didn't catch his name but I thought he might be Paul Sayler. I'll definitely come back to Flatbread for a beer with hospitality like that.

Belgian Dubbel from Zero Gravity Craft Brewery / American Flatbread