Huzzah Marzen
Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing Co.

Beer Geek Stats:
Score:
Needs more ratings
3.53 | pDev: 0%
From:
Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing Co.

North Carolina, United States
n/a
Notes:
3.53/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A lovely day up in the mountains that let me try a huge sample of some new NC locals. Always thrilled when a day works out like this one did.

The last one of the day for me, I decided to grab this one as I was walking out. The name was calling me and why not, sounds like fun. Rich caramel in color with a nice head of off white that reaches up maybe a finger in width before setting down but keeping the top coated. Holding it to the light reveals touches of reddish colors around the edges. Aroma of nice grassy tones, hints of caramel malts, candied sugars, a bit of a bittering agent working its way in there as well, not bad I have to admit though I would have liked it to be a little bit fuller. Nicely balanced as I take the first sip, smooth bready malts wash over the palate and leave the long lasting taste of light caramel and bread that stays with me throughout the session. Nice medium body and smooth, creamy finish brings it all back together for me.

Overall a really solid offering, one that I would not mind trying again, but maybe in the fall and maybe a little more amped up next time.

Huzzah Marzen from Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing Co.