Imperial Gnome | Heinzelmännchen Brewery

Heinzelmännchen Brewery
North Carolina, United States
yourgnometownbrewery.com

Style: American Strong Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by mikesgroove on 09-21-2010

3.27/5  rDev 0%

Another new one, and a big one at that for me. I decided to go with this one as the first heavy hitter of the day. Dark pour, hazelnut brown but very, very hazy and thick looking. Not much head here at all to speak of, in fact no lacing really either.

Aroma is rich, roasted nuts, dark caramel, hints of boozy notes and a dark, prune like yeast note that really thickens the air around it. As I take the first sip though I am a bit let down as the carbonation seems to fall flat for me. Just not at all what I was expecting. Thick, but very syrup like and nearly flat the warming from it was the most admirable trait. Lots of dark fruit and spice notes coming through as well as a rich caramel finish.

Overall this needs more pop. The flavor was there, but the body just would not let it develop. I think I would pass on this one next time.

Imperial Gnome from Heinzelmännchen Brewery