Late Night Pumpkin Ale | North Country Brewing

4.04/5  rDev 0%

3.75/5  rDev -7.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.63/5  rDev -10.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Going into this expecting hopefully the the pumpkin hasn't degraded to a vegital mess and the spices are hopefully held up since this brew is at least 6 months old.

A - One thing I didn't expect with this much carbonation which is fine but it really fizzes out rather quick almost like a soda. As expected hazy dark amber with a ton of small floaties.
S - A shadow of its former shelf I believe for I smell nutmeg and cinnamon with brown sugar but very faded atop a very small whiff of what appears to be pumpkin.
T - Not bad but I could see this being great. Cinnamon and bready malts mixed fairly well with the pumpkin more of a candied squash than the vegital mess I expected. Very faded spices make me sad.
M - Quite smooth a medium bodied brew for cold fall nights.

This one seems to have fallen off a bit but its not bad if you can find it on the cheap. Seek it out fresh though since I expect greatness from this fresh.

3.6/5  rDev -10.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I am currently unemployed with a lot of time on my hands & as such, I am a) not motivated to go out like I do when I have a job & b) trying to reduce the backlog of beer here at Chez Woody. The Bottle Backlog is annoying, but it takes a backseat to The CANQuest (tm). I CAN only take a bashful bow at seeing tone77's thanks. He is a great trader!

From the CAN: "Keep a festive height through the darkest night. Scan Your Can!"; "Enjoy Responsibly[,] Please Recycle".

It was a solid CAN & the Crack! was loud, but nothing untoward happened afterwards. The hour was late & I was beginning to flag, but that was no reason to CANduct anything more than a gentle Glug. The swirl raised a finger of fizzy, tawny head with moderate retention. Color was Deep Amber/Light Copper to Copper (SRM = > 13, < 17) with NE-quality clarity & Amber highlights. Nose was prevalent with spice, notably cinnamon & nutmeg. Mouthfeel was full, like a dollop of ice cream dropped on my tongue. The taste was pleasant. The spices were forward, but underlain with a cream flavor along with a crackery maltiness. I could close my eyes & envision pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top. That said, it added up to a sweetness that was just over my tolerable limit. It finished sweet and I found myself wishing for some coffee or anything even slightly bitter to offset it. If you do not mind sweet, then have at it.

4.89/5  rDev +21%

3.5/5  rDev -13.4%

3.75/5  rDev -7.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.53/5  rDev -12.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A big thanks emperor of the canned beer kingdom, woodychandler, for this beer. Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a dark brown color with orange highlights and a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of pumpkin pie. Taste is pumpkin, spices are present but not overpowering, some hints of vanilla, easy drinking. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall a solid beer, but I suppose I was expecting more based on it's score.

3.88/5  rDev -4%

4.21/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

3.91/5  rDev -3.2%

The spice was less than other pumpkin beers I've had, but I could see myself drinking this throughout the year. Very easy to drink with a crisp ale taste and light hop flavor. I wouldn't come to this if I was looking for pumpkin spice, but I wouldn't mind drinking this for any occasion.

3.74/5  rDev -7.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.5/5  rDev +11.4%

3.6/5  rDev -10.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

4.06/5  rDev +0.5%

4.28/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Had this on-tap at the local bar <1 mile from my house. Actually. Pretty amazing since the closest to craft beer they has otherwise ever was Yuengling Wheat.

A- Body is a hazy dark amber hue. Serves with a 1 finger soapy slightly off-white head.Head has good retention and leaves lacing all the way down the glass.

S- Pumpkin, spices, cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie, nutmeg.

T- Lots of pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice, and brown sugar flavors upfront with nice vanilla overtones and a pumpkin backbone. The spices come through a little more for the finish but stay really balances with the pumpkin and vanilla.

F- Awesome. Smooth and creamy with a medium weight body and medium carbonation.

O- Overall this is a really nice, well balanced pumpkin ale. It remind me a lot of the weyerbacher imperial pumpkin with more body and less alcohol. Fantastic job. I had heard from my Slippery Rock U friends that this is a great beer- but I didn't know it was this outstanding. I will probably stopping by and drinking most of the keg of this if it doesn't sell quickly at my local watering hole.

4.36/5  rDev +7.9%