Porter | Broken Drum Brewery And Wood Grill

brokendrum.com

Style: English Porter

Added by t0rin0 on 05-17-2010

3.03/5  rDev 0%

Sampled 5/8/2010 at the brew pub.

Pours fairly clear and dark brown with red showing through. Small amount of beige head that doesnt last very long but leaves some traces of lacing on the glass.

Aroma is mostly chocolatey with hints of roast. Not much else to smell here as the beer is served ice cold. As it warms it begins to smell a bit more roasty and I detect what I think is alcohol but it's very minor. I also start to detect that grainy aroma that all the beers seem to have in the flavors.

Starts off fairly nice as a chocolatey and smooth porter. As it warms it becomes evident that this is not as nice as it seems. Roast and booze come out with increasing temperatures. Oddly enough it becomes more watery with higher temperature.

Body is light and the beer passes as drinkable (barely).

I'll add that I initially scored this beer a 3.8 and then dropped it to 3.3 and then settled at 3.1 as it reached a decent drinking temperature. The lesson: drink it cold.

Porter from Broken Drum Brewery And Wood Grill