Fourche Du Diable | Brasserie Rouget De Lisle

Brasserie Rouget De Lisle
France
larougetdelisle.com

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by tjd25 on 07-15-2004

Liked:
3.94/5
Alströms:

3.59/5  rDev -8.9%

A disappointing pour--nearly no head, no lace. The light amber color is attractive. Clear.

Smells of fresh orange juice and cream--like a creamsicle.

The flavor is similar to a hard candy. Fruity in the start, but it quickly shows a peppery spice that gives some dimension. This reminds me of spiced beer from Dieu du Ciel called Route Des Épices. The combination of sweet-hot bite is appealing and refreshing. It cannot be for me, though, an everyday sort of beer.

3.75/5  rDev -4.8%

Beer bottle (33cl), tasted in 2004.

Appearance: dark blond color (cervoise), with white foam head.
Smell: based on malt barley, wheat, and with gentian Jura.
Taste & mouthfeel: whose taste good perceptible back mouth, gives its air of the countryside.
Drinkability: a good beer from the brewery Rouget de Lisle.

4.49/5  rDev +14%

The head is fine and dense but disappears quickly. The body is almost transparent and shows a nice golden mahogany color. The smell is very floral and herbal. Very intriguing: some liquorice, I had an anchovies impression; too bad I had never smelled gentian before; it’s the actual flower used in this brew. The taste is very enjoyable. Nice dark malts and the the same intriguing mix of herbal notes as the smell; very floral, some liquorice followed by sweet anchovies, which I guess is the taste of gentian. A this point, my mom came with a bottle of gentian liquor for us to compare. The smell of the liquor is drier and more herbal, probably because the malts are nicely developed in the beer. Mouthfeel is creamy and just thick enough to fit my expectations. I like this beer a lot. So drinkable.

Fourche Du Diable from Brasserie Rouget De Lisle