Kneewalker Double IPA | SandLot Brewery @ Coors Field (Blue Moon Brewing Company)

Awaiting More Ratings

SandLot Brewery @ Coors Field (Blue Moon Brewing Company)
Colorado, United States
bluemoonbrewingcompany.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by nickd717 on 10-22-2010

2.75/5  rDev 0%

1.67/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

On tap at Sandlot during GABF weekend 2010.

Pours clear amber in color with a well-formed white head. The positive aspects of this beer end right about there.

The aroma is, well, like a hoppier Blue Moon Grand Cru. Is this a wit/DIPA hybrid? Big-time orange peel with a little caramel in there.

The flavor is also like Blue Moon DIPA. Loads of orange peel, which I assume comes from the hops and not the yeast in this case, with a very sweet and sugary caramel malt base.

Rough but not resinous on the palate with medium-full body. More syrupy than it should be, and not very clean.

This is one of the worst DIPAs I've ever had. I'm always up for trying out new BMC craft, but why oh why are they so awful at it? I'm glad this beer was free, because otherwise I would have felt ripped off.

Kneewalker Double IPA from SandLot Brewery @ Coors Field (Blue Moon Brewing Company)