Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Black IPA | C.I. Shenanigan's Seafood & Chophouse

4.12/5
Exceptional
1 Rating

C.I. Shenanigan's Seafood & Chophouse
Washington, United States

Style: American Black Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Redrover on 07-29-2012

Reviews by Redrover:
4.12/5  rDev 0%

The Black IPA was one of three (!) summer seasonals on tap at C.I. Shenanigan's.
It was served in a 20 oz shaker.

The beer is black with a dense brown head. As the beer recedes in the glass, there is nice lacing.

The aroma is of pine and dark roasted malts. This was freshly tapped and it smelled very nice.

Not sure of the IBU's, guessing about 45 or so. There are roasted malts, a bit of dark fruit, a dash of coffee all backed with some piney hops. I like this beer and think it is a good stab at the style. Would maybe like a little more bitterness.

The mouth has active carbonation and a surprisingly dry finish.

This is a nice beer that I would order on a regular basis.

Black IPA from C.I. Shenanigan's Seafood & Chophouse