2011 MoaS

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by DustinSmall, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DustinSmall

DustinSmall Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2011 Maryland

Recently acquired one of these, was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on this one.......Ive heard its a little hot at the moment should i put it down for a few months? A year? Longer? Or just have it now

2. ASUBeer

ASUBeer Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2011 North Carolina

I had one back in December, and it was awesome. Possibly the best beer I've ever had (but that title seems to change for me a lot).

I am a fan of bourbon bombs, and don't find many beers too hot, so I guess take that into account if you'd like.

libbey and GoldenChild like this.
  3. ChadQuest

ChadQuest Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2009 Illinois

I like MoaS best fresh, and generally believe most barrel beers are best fresh.

raymo55 likes this.
  4. daysinthewake

daysinthewake Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2010 California

Drink it. It's a wonderful beer out of the gate and like most beers, they're brewing bigger batches each year. Should be increasingly easy to get.

5. libbey

libbey Initiate (0) May 18, 2008 British Indian Ocean Territory
    Deactivated

It is wonderful fresh in my opinion but I'm like ASUBeer in that I prefer mine to have a large bourbon element. Either way you will be fine because this beer is so damn tasty.

6. mikeincharleston

mikeincharleston Initiate (0) May 1, 2009 North Carolina

OHH YEAH!!!

7. DustinSmall

DustinSmall Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2011 Maryland

Im also a huge fan of bourbon bombs, thanks for the input i shall be putting it in the line up for tomorrow

libbey likes this.
  8. peteinSD

peteinSD Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2010 California

i've had the '09 and '10. hard say if the '11 will age the same but they are technically the same beers but different batches. as good as the '10 (relatively fresh) was the '09 (with two years on it) was appreciably better.

if you've never had the beer, by all means open it now. but if the trajectory of the '09 is any indicator, the '11 will be a better beer IMHO in a few years.

9. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

It may indeed age well, but on my goodness is it tasty now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.