2013 Bourbon Barrel Temptress

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by UtisTheLaw, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UtisTheLaw

UtisTheLaw Aspirant (276) Jul 26, 2012 Texas
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Release at brewery tour Saturday December 7th with bottles to follow later in the month.

Per Lakewood Facebook Today:

Who doesn't love this time of the year? It's the perfect time for a little something extra special to warm you up, and we have just the thing for you.

This year's batch of Bourbon Barrel Temptress is finally ready to be released, and we're doing it up big. THIS SATURDAY, December 7, we'll be launching the 2013 BBT at our brewery tour from noon to 3:00. The first lucky 200 folks will also get a special, commemorative 2013 BBT snifter to keep. And if that wasn't enough, we're pouring ONE KEG on nitro. Yes, nitro. We know we SAID we'd never do it, but we lied. It's just too hard to pass up. This is the ONLY place you'll be able to get her on nitro too, as we won't be releasing any to the public, so get here early.

Luckily, we'll have plenty of regular, delicious BBT on tap as well, so no need worrying about running out. Limit ONE pour of BBT (either nitro or regular) per person.

And before you ask, bottles ARE ON THE WAY. Those should be hitting store shelves much later this month, so stay tuned for more details. Schol!
    Who doesn't love this time of the year? It's the perfect time for a little something extra special to warm you up, and we have just the thing for you.

This year's batch of Bourbon Barrel Temptress is finally ready to be released, and we're doing it up big. THIS SATURDAY, December 7, we'll be launching the 2013 BBT at our brewery tour from noon to 3:00. The first lucky 200 folks will also get a special, commemorative 2013 BBT snifter to keep. And if that wasn't enough, we're pouring ONE KEG on nitro. Yes, nitro. We know we SAID we'd never do it, but we lied. It's just too hard to pass up. This is the ONLY place you'll be able to get her on nitro too, as we won't be releasing any to the public, so get here early.

Luckily, we'll have plenty of regular, delicious BBT on tap as well, so no need worrying about running out. Limit ONE pour of BBT (either nitro or regular) per person.

And before you ask, bottles ARE ON THE WAY. Those should be hitting store shelves much later this month, so stay tuned for more details. Schol!

2. mattisloco

mattisloco Devotee (413) Feb 13, 2007 Texas
    Beer Trader

Before anyone else gives you shit, I thought it would be best to come from me.... Holy triple copy and paste Batman!

This is excellent news! Excuse me while I clean myself.

3. UtisTheLaw

Subscriber Beer Trader

Awkward formatting that did not show up that way in the preview window. Thanks buddy.

#3 UtisTheLaw, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  4. jamescain

jamescain Meyvn (1,001) Jul 14, 2009 Texas
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Are there any sort of bottle limits? I might have missed it trying to read the post

5. Indytruks138

Indytruks138 Aspirant (268) Jun 28, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

I wonder how early people will be there, I would like one of those snifters.

6. Indytruks138

Beer Trader

Not sold to go, one pour onsite.

7. mattisloco

Beer Trader

It's happened to me like 5x since they "upgraded" the forums.

8. elchicodelgado

elchicodelgado Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2008 Texas

I've been camping since thanksgiving! Seriously though, I wonder the same thing...

9. mattisloco

Beer Trader

Last year I got there at 11:30 and no one was there. I literally could have been 1st in line... that was last year.

10. Indytruks138

Beer Trader

11:30 this year should def be 1st 200 right? You want me to bring your Night Shift glass Matt?

mattisloco likes this.
  11. mattisloco

Beer Trader

Dear Lord, yes!

12. WTKeene

WTKeene Defender (667) Jul 13, 2013 New Mexico
    Beer Trader

Sadly it seems I will be out of state when they actually do release bottles (These better sit on the shelf until I get back!), but I'll try to be there Saturday to try some at the release. Maybe I'll try to get a snifter too!

13. elbrooksie

elbrooksie Aspirant (245) Jan 10, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

I will be there Sat morning :)

Oh, and WTKeene, if I am in town and am able to get an extra, and you can't get one, it is yours :)

14. WTKeene

Beer Trader

That's amazing, thank you! I'm hoping to snag 6 if it's released before the 19th. Also hoping the BCBS variants hit before the 19th too...

15. Abbbp

Abbbp Crusader (706) Mar 9, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

Any word on them variants? And you know I gotcha w the BBtemp, I'll be there Saturday as well. Anyone know if Lakewood is dog friendly?

16. air

air Aspirant (228) Mar 28, 2007 Texas

No pets allowed at Lakewood.

17. Abbbp

Beer Trader

Thank ya partna, that was easy enough

18. mattchow

mattchow Disciple (319) Jun 24, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

@air can you acquire 2 for me?

lonestarbev likes this.
  19. air

air Aspirant (228) Mar 28, 2007 Texas

Def on the hunt and I'll keep you posted. Though I'm not sure when I'll be in Houston next.

lonestarbev and DanzBorin like this.
  20. mattchow

mattchow Disciple (319) Jun 24, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

no worries, I have friends that travel up and down. just need a backup in case we don't get it in Houston!

DanzBorin likes this.
  21. morsetx

morsetx Aspirant (275) Mar 10, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

I this event still on? Indoor area? Temptress hot toddy?

JJFoodie likes this.
  22. Abbbp

Beer Trader

I was wondering the same thing!!?? The hot toddy that is, gonna be a b getting there from las colinas though

23. TX-Badger

TX-Badger Poo-Bah (2,529) Jun 14, 2012 Texas
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Per their FB page (check it out on FB), it's still on for tomorrow, but they encourage everyone to be safe getting to the brewery if you so choose to venture out.

24. Abbbp

Beer Trader

Bit risky... for a snifter

jforeman likes this.
  25. greenspointexas

greenspointexas Champion (865) Jan 16, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

lol, everyone in Texas acting like the roads are gonna be impossible to drive on.... jeez, the temp drops below freezing and suddenly everyone has chains on their tires....

26. Abbbp

Beer Trader

Dude it is bad out there. I agree, we're a lil over reactionary to our cold weather, but the roads aren't exactly awesome.

jforeman likes this.
  27. ATA1K

ATA1K Initiate (177) Feb 4, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

Hmm, driving around Dallas last night, every overpass had a wreck on it, with backed up traffic behind it. Its more the other drivers that worry me. I wish the brewery was closer, but don't think in gonna make it.

Alcohol, plus icy roads, plus other bad drivers over 15 miles doesn't sound fun. Hope the sun melts the ice, but pretty cold out there.

jforeman likes this.
  28. Abbbp

Beer Trader

Agreed, Had 100% planned on attending, but just can't risk it now. Not hating on Lakewood, but wouldn't it be more profitable for them to do this when a ton more people could attend. It's not like advanced ticket buyers are going to be upset, only the people who had been camping out since Thursday (neither of which exist)

29. WTKeene

Beer Trader

I'm still planning on attending, this yankee ain't afraid of no ice. I'll be leaving my place at 11 though, giving myself an hour for what google says is a 20 minute drive.

30. Abbbp

Beer Trader

They should give you 2 snifters... So you can give one to me
    :)

31. UtisTheLaw

Subscriber Beer Trader

I'll admit that the roads were not perfect, but I had no trouble getting around Dallas yesterday. As has been mentioned before, I'd be more worried about the other drivers, but 75, LBJ, and the tollway were all passable. Just don't slam on the gas or the brakes, and you should be able to get almost anywhere.

32. WTKeene

Beer Trader

Weren't parts of 635 closed yesterday? Thats what I'd be worried about. I decided I'm gonna take 75 to Walnut Hill to get there instead of the google-suggested 635.

33. UtisTheLaw

Subscriber Beer Trader

Down to one lane on part of it. I think the high five was closed, but there really weren't many people on the road. Stay safe, and enjoy the bourbon barrel warmth.

34. ATA1K

Beer Trader

Actually, yeah... Getting to Walnut Hill from downtown last night was no problem. Maybe Ill make it. I really want to go. Gives me a chance to stop by Specs again for one more Bomb!.

WTKeene likes this.
  35. dalan

dalan Initiate (0) Jul 18, 2010 Texas

Dallas might be okay but it is still dicey over here in Tarrant County. We got 2.5 to 3 inches of ice/sleet. Dallas only got an inch.

36. Abbbp

Beer Trader

I'm just jealous. Wifey got me on lock down driving for good beer is outta her realm of understanding

37. ATA1K

Beer Trader

Shes probably just smarter than the rest of us...

elchicodelgado and Abbbp like this.
  38. elchicodelgado

elchicodelgado Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2008 Texas

I'll be making the trek out for the release. I don't live too far from the brewery so I should be able to avoid bad roads for the most part. I haven't met any of you so if you see me there stop by and say hi. I'll be there with the wife and I'll be wearing a green Goodfriend shirt.

Cheers!

WTKeene likes this.
  39. mattisloco

Beer Trader

Here. Roads were pretty ok considering.

40. elbrooksie

elbrooksie Aspirant (245) Jan 10, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

Got here a bit earlier then I thought, saw this...love the guy breaking I've with a rock lol

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.