2013 Bruery Initiation Party tap list

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by pmarlowe, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusian

crusian Crusader (738) May 14, 2010 Oregon
    Beer Trader

We will be holding this year's Reserve Society Initiation Celebration on February 23, 2013 12-4pm at The Phoenix Club in Anaheim, CA.

usofar likes this.
  2. usofar

usofar Initiate (0) Dec 23, 2010 California

Thank you!

3. sdpaul

sdpaul Aspirant (222) May 2, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

I wonder what new Black Tuesday varations....Banana foster was pretty good...mint chocolate not as much

4. mattolesh

mattolesh Initiate (52) Sep 30, 2007 California

yes, 12-4 indeed.

usofar likes this.
  5. drewone

drewone Meyvn (1,379) Sep 18, 2006 California
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Not a beer that I can personally drink alot of, but I found it to be great to cook with (not taking into account the $). I used it in a big pot of beans - normally would have put bacon in but wanted to be veggie - really tasted it like there was bacon in the beans.

6. usofar

usofar Initiate (0) Dec 23, 2010 California

Thanks Matt!

blguillen likes this.
  7. riko

riko Aspirant (207) Jan 18, 2008 California
    Beer Trader

Can't we all just get along?

8. heatwaves

heatwaves Aspirant (264) Oct 17, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

No. This year I'm having my own separate section. I'm secretly going to bring uber-whalez and then place an invisible force-field around whatever 2' x 2' area I'm standing in. Hoarders aren't allowed.

orangey likes this.
  9. GhettoFabulous

GhettoFabulous Initiate (191) May 29, 2010 California

If anyone has an extra ticket, please bm me. My sister really wants to go and you know how skewed the ratios can be at these parties. I'll make it worth your while with a nice bottle in addition to ticket reimbursement (of course).

10. GhettoFabulous

Anyone with an Extra or Unpurchased Ticket for RS Party Tomorrow?

My sister desperately wants to go to this party, so I was hoping someone either has an extra or hasn’t purchased their full allotment and wouldn’t mind purchasing another ticket. Ticket sales close at noon today, so this is a bit urgent.

If anyone can help me out, I will of course reimburse you, but will also hook you up with a nice bottle for your troubles.

Thanks, BAs!

11. brabuse430

brabuse430 Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Depends... please post a pic of your sister first. :stuck_out_tongue:

12. blguillen

blguillen Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2011 California

How's the parking for the Phoenix Club? I only ask because at the Honda Center Saturday night there is a UFC fight. I wonder if it will have any impact getting to or from the venue.

13. blguillen

blguillen Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2011 California

Nevermind, usofar answered my question. :slight_smile:

14. GhettoFabulous

C'mon, every chick is hot after 10 high gravity bruery tasters.

Still no takers - and I'm offering a bbpt5, uncle Jacobs and BCS '12 to anyone who can buy me a ticket by noon.

15. PeterJ

PeterJ Initiate (69) Dec 5, 2012 California

BM sent.

16. GhettoFabulous

Hey all ... Still looking/hoping for a ticket here, as Peter, who generously offered to hook us up with a ticket, will be arriving a bit later than us and we're hoping for someone who will be there at the beginning. Thanks.

17. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Initiate (0) Jul 7, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

given that there's two minutes to go, this get done?

18. GhettoFabulous

Yes, just got it done. Thank you to the kind gents who offered up tickets.

domtronzero likes this.
  19. rossthefireman

rossthefireman Initiate (0) Oct 20, 2008 California
    Beer Trader

Ill be making the drive from NorCal at about 530am to get there (first time for me).Ill be the bleary eyed fat guy with a Bruery sweatshirt.

20. Pecan

Pecan Devotee (421) Dec 20, 2012 Arizona
    Beer Trader

Still deciding on what time to make the trip from SD, first-timer too. Any reason to show up earlier than opening time for this event? Long line bottle sharing, .rar's that run out before the people last in line get a shot, etc?

21. crusian

crusian Crusader (738) May 14, 2010 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Dont be that guy.

PCU

DrAwkward82 and MCorrea like this.
  22. GhettoFabulous

Due to a mix-up, I now have an extra ticket (oh, the irony!). If anyone needs a ticket, please bm me.

Penguin3200 and blguillen like this.
  23. rossthefireman

rossthefireman Initiate (0) Oct 20, 2008 California
    Beer Trader

So what, youre saying is I shouldnt dress like everyone else?:grinning:
    Its gonna be 70,no sweatshirt needed!

24. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Poo-Bah (12,114) Mar 18, 2010 California

[​IMG]

KevSal, ehammond1, Retsinis and 6 others like this.
  25. NickMunford

NickMunford Savant (978) Oct 2, 2006 Wyoming

My wife and I are leaving at about 9:30am, but were stopping somewhere for lunch on the way. I'm looking forward to the food there, but don't want to have any "didn't eat enough and started drinking Black Tuesday" issues, lol:wink:

Pecan and Trio2shine like this.
  26. RedBeeron

Beer Trader

Leave half an hour/forty five minutes earlier and stop by original pancake house off lincoln and state college. Ten minute drive tops from Phoenix club and totally worth it.

27. RedBeeron

Beer Trader

The fact that this is a single session leads me to believe it's probably going to be a cluster, and without a definitive tap list there's no way to know what the .rars are going to be or how many of them will be at the same stations. Wouldn't hurt to show up at least 30 minutes early.

Pecan likes this.
  28. pmarlowe

pmarlowe Meyvn (1,171) Nov 27, 2010 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Just show up around opening and you'll be fine. The rarer stuff probably lasted at least an hour last time, maybe a little less. There were long lines initially but after people got their first pour, things were pretty relaxed. With a single combined session this year, it may be a little more crowded, but I wouldn't worry about lining up early.

RichBeer and Pecan like this.
  29. heatwaves

heatwaves Aspirant (264) Oct 17, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Last year there were no issues at all. A few of the beers had big lines in the very beginning, but patient people ultimately got their share later. Redbeeron could be right though. Since there's only one session, it will be difficult to tell how well they manage twice as many people. If they add a few beer stations and mix around the rare or special offerings, it still shouldn't be a problem. I don't recall any beer running out last year. But after 10 beers, I don't recall much. I'm actually getting there 30-45 minutes late as my wife works that morning, but I'm not stressing it.

Pecan likes this.
  30. Pecan

Beer Trader

Great, thanks for the advice guys! Decided to head up Friday evening instead so we could stop by the tasting room and pick up some merch before it gets ransacked Saturday night. I'll plan on being a little early, but not too much. And won't stress about them running out of various beers :slight_smile:

31. RedBeeron

Beer Trader

I know they ran out of pugachev's cobra last year during the early session, no clue on the second.

32. Pecan

Beer Trader

Think they'd let the guy on crutches cut to the front of any lines?!? Must harpoon those .rars!

Also, I think everyone that reads this post will know me immediately now.

33. RedBeeron

Beer Trader

Only if it's Wanderer, and only if you threaten to fight any woman in line who calls you out.

domtronzero likes this.
  34. Pecan

Beer Trader

Well that sounds easy enough, I'm in.

35. salzar

salzar Initiate (0) Dec 27, 2008 California

As a survivor of the 2011 RS society party... I expect this to be complete CLUSTERFUCK. Hopefully this time we can call out line cutters and other douche bags.

Pecan likes this.
  36. Pecan

Beer Trader

Except the guy on crutches. He's totally allowed to ignore lines. And rules like "10 tasters" or "stay in the pleb RS area" or "stop drinking directly from the tap line".

sirtomtom and jtmartino like this.
  37. salzar

salzar Initiate (0) Dec 27, 2008 California

I didnt realize so many people in 2011 where on crutches.

38. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Initiate (197) Dec 10, 2010 California

The crutches were made from frozen Black Tuesday. Makes them practically invisible.

39. Retsinis

Retsinis Champion (848) Sep 25, 2009 California
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Basically at the 24 hour mark. No full list leak yet, tight on the leaks this year.

40. GRG1313

GRG1313 Poo-Bah (3,471) Jan 15, 2009 California
    Supporter Subscriber Beer Trader

Oh dude! Shit.....really? I didn't have to see this! (And after I poured you some good things last night!)

Damn you! I'm going to have to now shave, get contacts and wear a wig!! (Maybe I should try to lose some weight too........)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.