2013 KBS Release Info

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by CellarGimp, Jan 11, 2013.

1. FlssmrBrewAlum

FlssmrBrewAlum Feb 25, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Man, travel all weekend and you have to wake up to this comedy gold after the fact.

It's safe to say I didn't EARN my KBS tickets this last weekend. For shame.

2. tommyz

tommyz May 28, 2007 Michigan
    Beer Trader

How did you print out your ticket? I thought the Email was the ticket? I got the email and was charged.

3. Jose2412

Jose2412 Feb 25, 2012 Michigan

After you purchased the ticket you were taken to a confirmation/receipt page that had a link to print the ticket

4. myersk27

myersk27 Oct 21, 2011 Indiana
    Beer Trader

the email you got should have a link that you can click and it takes you back to your confirmation page where there is a place to click to print your ticket....

5. tommyz

tommyz May 28, 2007 Michigan
    Beer Trader

nope as it timed out..I thought I got screwed, but went into my email and it was there..

6. Jose2412

Jose2412 Feb 25, 2012 Michigan

tommyz likes this.
  7. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Apr 23, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Does anyone have, or remember the tap a list from last year? All I remember for sure is KBS of course, and being super impressed with BA Sumatra Brown. I can't recall if there were special tappings throughout the day.

8. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

Have fun at the bottle share(s) tonight and the party tomorrow ya'll. Someone grab Franks ass for me.

9. Mjmoser

Mjmoser May 6, 2012 Illinois

Yesterday they had "Diamond" Mountain Brown *Bling Bling*, as part of their Class 1 beers ;)

10. dblab33

dblab33 Dec 9, 2011 Michigan

I don't recall there being any special beers put on later in the day. Seemed like the list didn't change. Then again, I was burying my face in mass quantities of BA Sumatra all day so I'm probably wrong.

11. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Apr 23, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Yeah that was on tap last week. The whole taplist right now is the same stuff they've had since last week.

Would love to see BS Sumatra on tap again.

12. founder26

founder26 Sep 9, 2009 Michigan

Its funny that your like the 5th person to say this, but they have had the same taplist for the last month.

13. burica2020

burica2020 Nov 17, 2009 Illinois

Anyone else crack a bottle yet? Had one last night and it started as amazing as I remember and it ended a pinch boozier then I remember. Either way, I'm not some yahoo that comes on here says Hopslam is more oniony this year but there was a heat that's either new or I forgot; probably forgot because my brain is clogged with malted hops and bong resin.

14. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Mar 19, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I had two bottles on Wednesday and found it to be less boozy than last year which was pretty hot fresh. I was surprised how well the bourbon was hidden among the other flavors, you can definitely taste it on the back end, but I expected more heat up front like last year.

15. DoubleNickels

DoubleNickels Apr 22, 2012 Michigan

Done.

16. Rons35

Rons35 Aug 26, 2012 Michigan

No line for beer pickup, I was in and out in 2 minutes. Didn't appear to be a line for the bar, it's definitely crowded though

17. JPortillo

JPortillo Mar 12, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

How's beer pick up lines looking right now?

18. Rons35

Rons35 Aug 26, 2012 Michigan

Non existent. Real good system they have set up for this

19. atoulouk

atoulouk Apr 25, 2011 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Didn't crack a bottle yet, but I had it on tap last year and again this year and I think this year is better. More chocolate, not overly coffee loaded, more balanced bourbon flavor. I was impressed.

20. Jaycase

Jaycase Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Beer Trader

No line whatsoever for bottle pickup yesterday (~2 pm). Having the bottle pickup area separate from everything else was a great idea. Bar and taproom were crowded but not overly so. Certainly manageable. Food line seemed a bit long at times. There was reduced bar service in the outside tent but no line here at all so this was the place to get KBS on draft. Employees were all friendly and helpful in my experience. Beautiful weather to boot. I know others might have differing opinions but I thought it was well run and they did a great job on Saturday. Kudos to Founders.

SolarMikey and JimGlonke like this.
  21. Askchucky

Askchucky May 2, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

First time at Founders. I thought everything was great. Got bottle within 5 minutes of getting there. Bottles in car about 5 minutes afterwards! Taproom never felt overly crowded. Draft line kept moving. Food took between 30-40 minutes but to be expected when taproom is at capacity. Really enjoyed everything. KBS on draft was great. $6 for 8oz pour, not going to get prices like that in Chicago!

22. zrab11

zrab11 Dec 25, 2010 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I was there from 11am-2pm.. did the tap list stay the same all day or did they add anything else in the later afternoon/evening.. I had a great time. just curious if anything was added after I left

23. mpwdoyle

mpwdoyle Apr 29, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Got my bottles Friday evening in about 90 seconds. Floored by how efficient everything was from Founders. The event Saturday morning was great, as KBS was cheap ($6) and there was plenty of room until about 2 PM or so. The food line created a pretty big wait, but going to Hopcat solved that problem.

24. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

A single like was insufficiently expressing how logical and honest this post was. Cheers!

25. riemster

riemster Mar 17, 2011 Ohio
    Beer Trader

I just got extremely lucky. Picking up 1 full case locally and driving 2 hours for another 2 4-packs while I get my Doctor of Pharmacy regalia. America, fuck yeah!

26. profbobo

profbobo Apr 24, 2008 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Got 2 4-packs today, about 22 bucks per, limit 2 per person. The store I go to got 4 cases today, with another 4 coming in Wednesday. That's a huge improvement from 3 total cases last year.

HoustonZ33 likes this.
  27. deadonhisfeet

deadonhisfeet Apr 23, 2011 Kentucky

Congrats (on both the KBS and the degree)!

28. burica2020

burica2020 Nov 17, 2009 Illinois

you sure that's not a doctorate in hoarding. (just kidding)

stayclean likes this.
  29. riemster

riemster Mar 17, 2011 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Thanks. Hahaha. It very well may be for hoarding. Regardless of the actual degree, both were very expensive. LoL.

30. Samjuan12

Samjuan12 Jun 17, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Congrats Buddy!

It was just last year I was walking across the same stage....

Today I got promoted to RxM, So here's a KBS to you and me!!!

31. loki993

loki993 Apr 16, 2009 Michigan

Is this about the general store release at Founders or just release info in general?

32. leftyhyzer

leftyhyzer Jul 10, 2012 Indiana
    Beer Trader

An
    All Release info...btw anyone know where I could get a four pack in southwest michigan. Thanx

33. c64person

c64person Mar 20, 2010 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Good luck, most the shops I have talked to said 1-2 bottle limit, charging $7-10, even though certain places said they were getting 4+ cases this year. It's not worth the truck chasing anymore this year, maybe they will have it on tap again at the Black Party.

34. loki993

Kinda what I was thinking as well. I was going to comment, is anyone else kinda burned out on this? It just seems like its getting to be too much trouble. I just dont feel like, nor can I afford to, running around the state only to maybe get 4 overpriced bottles. I mean I was relying on being able to get tickets to the release but the fact that they were gone in half an hour and the site crashed in the process killed that idea.

I then called my usual place where I get some and they informed me that they were only getting one case this year, not sure how many they got last year but it was definitely more. Well then I thought there was supposed to be more this year not less. Got the email from Champagnes and they're doing a one bottle allocation and I'm not driving all the way to Warren for one bottle.

So I don't know I love the stuff, its one of my favorite beers but I think this year I have to kiss it goodbye because the chances of me getting any are getting slimmer by the minute. Oh well I guess, I still have plenty of Bourbon County left, but honestly I like KBS better. Maybe I could work out a trade...hmm thats an idea maybe.

35. iceatalamo

iceatalamo Dec 13, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I agree for sure. I was lucky enough to get a case through the release, so a little less motivated. I love KBS, but as a general statement I am burnt out trying to keep up with releases and chasing down trucks. Plus the fact that they are upping the allocation out of state and have a wider footprint, them making more is not equating to more allocation for SE Michigan. I'll probably get 1 bottle from my local guy, but this isn't as fun as it used to be.

JohnB87 likes this.
  36. loki993

Your lucky. I actually forgot about the ticket sale, my fault yes, but still I was only about two hours late. Insanity. I seriously doubt I would have gotten one even if id been waiting there for them to go on sale honestly the way that whole thing went down.

37. Anonymous1

Beer Trader

It took me a full 45 minutes of constantly refreshing the web browser until I was able to finally score tickets. My shopping cart timed out at least 4 times before I was finally able to get through.

38. loki993

Figured as much..

39. iceatalamo

iceatalamo Dec 13, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I think it took me about an hour, and i did from the beach in the Dominican Republic. It was frustrating for sure, but in the end it worked out....this time that is. I was also able to trade for a ticket for my wife for less than $20 of beer and since the ticket was $5, to me it was worth it.

Overall I agree this is very frustrating process and discouraging for a lot of beer enthusiast.

40. Anonymous1

Beer Trader

Yeah, I agree. Looking back, waiting in line all night for the beer was much more fun. *not being sarcastic*

At least I knew I was going to get something if I got in line vs. the randomness of maybe getting a ticket online if I was lucky enough to get the BPT servers to let me in.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe