Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

2013 NOVA summer brewfest

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by Dave_Treat, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave_Treat

Dave_Treat Jun 23, 2012 Virginia
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Beer list is out, sounds like a decent fest. Anyone been to this in past years?

2. MRN

MRN Jul 20, 2007 Virginia

I usually attend the NOVA summer and fall brewfests since they're local to me. I don't know if this is true, but I've been told that due to Virginia regulations, the brewfest organizers must buy the kegs from the distributors for the brewery representatives and volunteers to serve. So you won't find many rare brews at a NOVA brewfest. But some breweries and local brewpubs do bring special brews not on the official beer list. You need to ask the servers.

There's free parking, live music, food booths, and some craft and merchandise vendors. It can be a very enjoyable way to spend an afternoon or evening if the weather is nice. Don't forget the sunscreen and remember to stay hydrated!

3. Hoptimus-Prime

Hoptimus-Prime Dec 7, 2012 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

What's the date and location?

4. MRN

http://novabrewfest.com/summer/

Saturday, June 22 and Sunday, June 23, 2013

Morven Park just north of Leesburg on Route 15 at Tutt Lane. The exact address is 41793 Tutt Lane, Leesburg, VA, 20176

Tickets for the BrewFest purchased prior to the opening of the event are priced as follows:
    Adults (21+) – $20.00
    Designated Drivers – $15.00

Admission tickets for the BrewFest purchased on the day of the event are priced as follows:
    Adults (21+) – $30.00
    Designated Drivers (16 – Adult) $20.00
    Children under 16 accompanied by an adult – FREE

5. reidjoshua

reidjoshua May 3, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

True. And unlike the wine tasting which is unlimited, beers are drink/1 ticket. Yay VA law! some of them are 2 sometimes. a ticket is $1. I end up with a stash of tickets by the end of the day I just give out to people :)

My old man and I volunteer for these events all the time and have a hell of a time. We're both having lower body surgery when we get back from NYC/Savor so we're not gonna be able to attend. We're definitely in for the fall version of it though.

6. alysmith4

alysmith4 Feb 11, 2005 District of Columbia

Pricing does get a little steep though. $20 gets you in and essentially one free beer, and then it's about $4-6 a beer after that ($1/1 ticket = 2 to 3 oz pour). Factor in food and travel costs, and it gets to be quite a bit. Granted, you're getting to try all kinds of different beers in a cool setting.. but still.

7. reidjoshua

Beer Trader

The tasting glasses you get are 4oz. Pretty sure you get $10 tickets to start too.

8. alysmith4

You get 4 tickets with the price of admission, which equals 16 oz of beer. From there, it's a dollar a ticket - for a 4 ounce pour.. however some beers will take two of your tickets (regardless of pour), because they're more rare or whatever. And the tasting glasses are 4.75 oz.

9. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Feb 28, 2012 Virginia
    Beer Trader

$15 for designated drivers? Talk about a double kick to the teeth.

LambicKing and CUE45 like this.
  10. reidjoshua

Beer Trader

someone's been drinking o_O and what happens to that extra .75 oz? I fill those bitches to the top. but only 4 tickets to start... the only time I was not a volunteer 4 or so years ago I think they gave you 10... weak.

11. alysmith4

After my initial post, I went back and re-read the info on the fest website. I should have mentioned that the second post was an edit.

And yeah, it used to be like 10 tickets with admission. 4 is a little lamesauce.

12. reidjoshua

Beer Trader

regardless any BA's find me at the fall fest wherever I'm volunteering and you'll have more than 4.

alysmith4 likes this.
  13. Dave_Treat

Dave_Treat Jun 23, 2012 Virginia
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I'll take you up on that, how do we find you?

14. reidjoshua

Beer Trader

Fall fest won't be till sept or Oct. Gonna miss this one bc of surgery.

15. MRN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer Fest® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe