2016 Allagash Nancy

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by bubseymour, Jun 9, 2018.

1. bubseymour

bubseymour Poo-Bah (2,194) Oct 30, 2010 Maryland
    Beer Trader

I've had this beer cellaring for 2 years next month. Had it fresh and it was one of my favorite beers. Allagash website recommends to drink within 2 years. It has cherries in it, and I generally like my sours balanced with alot of funk and sweetness as well (don't particularly like dry overly bretty sours).

Budlum likes this.
  2. bubseymour

bubseymour Poo-Bah (2,194) Oct 30, 2010 Maryland
    Beer Trader

So my question is should I drink it at the 2 year marker, or let it age another "x" number of years longer? Any experience with cellaring this funktastic brew?

3. Budlum

Budlum Champion (897) Mar 23, 2006 Maryland
    Beer Trader

I have no advice, but agree that the 2016 batch of Nancy is fantastic. It is the best Allagash beer I've had, if not the best overall. There is only one left in the fridge for me, unfortunately. Good luck in whatever you decide.

4. youradhere

youradhere Zealot (502) Feb 29, 2008 Washington
    Beer Trader

Well, you can drink it now at the recommended age date and most likely enjoy it. You can also wait another 2 years and regret not drinking it sooner— or not depending upon your own (subjective) tastes.

Have you had it fresh? If not, why on earth are you aging it?

Funk it dude, drink it now. Do it. And enjoy that stuff the whole time- that is what the brewer truly intended (“enjoy the product I made” : huh novel concept). :slight_smile: