2016 TG Mornin Delight Event

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by holzwama, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suchbarrelmuchwow

suchbarrelmuchwow Initiate (34) Dec 15, 2015 California

Hm, should I be worried if I still haven't received my ticket in the mail? I messaged BPT and they said they could put me on a willcall list if worst comes to worst, but hopefully there's no problems?

2. Cam1221

Cam1221 Initiate (112) Apr 28, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

I received an extra MD ticket. Based on your BA name I'm thinking it's your ticket. So no worries, we shall get this settled.

3. awinstead

awinstead Initiate (60) Sep 2, 2014 Iowa
    Trader

Same here, hopefully willcall will work for me.

4. maddogg

maddogg Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2010 New York

coming in for the morning session to Minn. thinking about renting a car? anyone want to split?

wardpower likes this.
  5. suchbarrelmuchwow

suchbarrelmuchwow Initiate (34) Dec 15, 2015 California

No way! Haha, should I PM you to confirm? BPT was so sure that they sent it to me too.

Thanks!

6. N_Schleret

N_Schleret Disciple (303) May 22, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

I would email TG as well. I have not received my ticket either. BPT said I would be added to a will call list. I emailed TG to confirm and it sounded like this wasn't the case. They said I would most likely get refunded and then issued a new ticket. I am still waiting on a follow up email from TG to confirm. I will post when resolved, hopefully everything works out.

7. hoptheology

hoptheology Poo-Bah (4,992) May 12, 2014 South Dakota
    Society Trader

When is this event? We are going up to Toppling Goliath on the 18th of October.

8. mpdavis

mpdavis Initiate (160) Apr 24, 2014 Iowa
    Trader

MD Day is on October 8th.

9. AdrenalinJunkee

AdrenalinJunkee Initiate (137) May 18, 2015 Connecticut

hey guys,

flying out for the event on friday from ct with two of my buddies *one didnt get his ticket* i have the am session and my buddy has the pm one. should i be trying to get there first thing for the am session and then heading over to the bottle share? im just trying to think of how to do this one... ill be adding myself to the spreadsheet as well and i will be bringing tons of goodies to share and trade! excited to meet all you guys.

10. maddogg

maddogg Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2010 New York

are you planning on flying out saturday night?

11. AdrenalinJunkee

Flying out fri night and driving down sat am and then i believe back to minn sat night and staying at the hotel basically right at the airport. Our flight is sunday am back but im trying to convince my friends to go the vikings game at 1 since theres another flight back at 745 on sunday

wardpower, Clarkee and sevenzig like this.
  12. B4CCHU5

B4CCHU5 Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2015 Washington

I know this isn't directly related to the event, but I couldn't find an answer in other threads, so:

Can anyone confirm if Mike brewed this newest blend of MD?

Link?

Cheers for the PNW!

13. Deedzie7

Deedzie7 Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2016 Iowa

Regardless of server issues. BPT has a pretty good customer service.

14. RobertH50

RobertH50 Aspirant (202) Jan 27, 2014 Texas

Coming in from Dallas--looking forward to this. Bringing some bottles to share/trade. PM me if you are looking for anything in particular. Will have some JK, of course, and dragging along some lambic, too.

15. biggmatt74

biggmatt74 Initiate (75) Dec 15, 2014 Wisconsin
    Trader

I didn't see this in the thread anywhere, but what was on tap during the event last year? I am wondering what to expect for this year. thanks!

16. AdrenalinJunkee

according to their twitter posts, the draft list wont be anything like last years. they said basically not to expect anything....

.......so im assuming they will have sr-71 and kbbs on draft for $6 8oz pours

17. biggmatt74

Trader

Did they have SR-71 and kbbs for $6 8 oz. pours last year?

18. AdrenalinJunkee

lol no.... i was making a joke

19. biggmatt74

Trader

Thanks. I am just looking to see how much cash I should bring. Is it just cash only for the Morning Delight?

mrpeterandthepuffers likes this.
  20. AdrenalinJunkee

ya cash only for the md and then i have no idea about the stuff on tap... id assume it would be cash or credit for that....but ill bring enough cash to cover me just in case.

21. biggmatt74

Trader

I will keep that in mind. :slight_smile:

#141 biggmatt74, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  22. Nivek43

Nivek43 Initiate (101) Mar 22, 2012 Minnesota

If I remember correctly, I used my credit card for bottles of Sosus last year. However I would bring some cash as back up. Also, the $100 for MD is definitely cash only.

23. biggmatt74

Trader

Thanks. What other bottles were available last year?

24. Bunuelian

Bunuelian Champion (816) Mar 22, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

The only standouts that I remember are Sosus bottles and Mornin' Latte (which was like a watered down version of Mornin' Delight that tasted like bitter coffee water) on tap.

MNBeerGeek likes this.
  25. MNBeerGeek

MNBeerGeek Zealot (588) Jun 25, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

That DOES sound like a standout :stuck_out_tongue:

biggmatt74 likes this.
  26. KSHunt

KSHunt Aspirant (219) Nov 30, 2014 Iowa

Sosus and King Sue were on tap. Maybe it was the setting, but that was the best batch of Sosus that I have ever had. Everyone in my group considered it the second best beer of the day.

josephwa, ElmerLovejoy and biggmatt74 like this.
  27. Nivek43

Nivek43 Initiate (101) Mar 22, 2012 Minnesota

From what I can recall, Sosus bottles were the only bottles for sale. They might have had some of their canned offerings, but nothing else noteworthy.

biggmatt74 likes this.
  28. Spinrathen

Spinrathen Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2013 Iowa

That batch of Sosus was phenomenal

josephwa likes this.
  29. AdrenalinJunkee

Hey who was the guy in here from
    Chicago that liked pizza?

30. Deedzie7

Deedzie7 Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2016 Iowa

Granted I left the line for Chainsmoker due to the slow line and having to get back to town for work that day. But they went all out for that release with a lot of samplings. With the last few months of backlash on various social media outlets. Not sure for bottles for purchase, but at least for on tap and bottle share in the building I wouldn't be shocked if there is some special stuff going around. Besides from looking at the google spreadsheet, the shares are already going to be epic.

31. mrpeterandthepuffers

mrpeterandthepuffers Aspirant (249) Oct 24, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

I had to run to the atm at Casey's last year to pay for my kbbs at MD day. Bring plenty of cash!

32. holzwama

holzwama Initiate (98) Aug 27, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

Especially if you plan on buying a KBBS!
    Cash for MD, cards for pours and other bottles, first born for KBBS from a local...

33. AdrenalinJunkee

Centinela likes this.
  34. joshdaut

joshdaut Initiate (184) Jun 3, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

They had KBBS available last year durin MD day?! I apologize if this has already been addressed.

35. AdrenalinJunkee

was it a pour or an actual bottle? pm me if you wanna keep it dl.... i need to get my hands on one lol

joshdaut likes this.
  36. Chuckdiesel24

Chuckdiesel24 Meyvn (1,253) Jul 6, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Don't want to speak for someone else, but I read that as he bought it from someone local to Decorah which would have definitely cost enough money to require an ATM run...

mrpeterandthepuffers likes this.
  37. AdrenalinJunkee

thats kinda how i took it as well.... welp i guess ill bring more dollars....or my handjee

38. ECCS

ECCS Aspirant (206) Oct 28, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

I'm planning to stop at pulpit rock to grab some beer to go. I was really hoping for loopy Lynn, but it's not currently on their tap list on the website. Does anyone have info on if it's available or how often they brew it?

Thanks

39. nottherealEBW

nottherealEBW Initiate (63) Aug 13, 2015 Indiana
    Trader

How were lines last year? I'm in the afternoon session, wife will be driving up with me but she doesn't have a ticket.

40. mpdavis

mpdavis Initiate (160) Apr 24, 2014 Iowa
    Trader

There are only 250 people allowed in each session, so they aren't bad at all. People line up right at the beginning, but the line moves super fast. I think I showed up 30 minutes late for my session last year and there was no line at all.

nottherealEBW, SDRedDevil and Clarkee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.