4 elf party 2014

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Strohsbeforehoes, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonR1975

JasonR1975 Defender (644) Jun 11, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

It was pretty organized, I think most of the "jumping" occurred while people were taking their chairs, heaters, canopies and broadswords back to their vehicles, and the normal "I'm just chatting with my bro" guy who ends up staying there when the line forms.

Nothing like last year.
  2. a_beckman25

a_beckman25 Disciple (352) Jan 27, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

They sent everyone to put their chairs and stuff back at 5:15 then the line formed again while people were gone. Could have been worse but got #538 after being there at 3 a.m. and stated above 3:45 got some #507. Not saying they cut nor am I shitty about it, but it really defeated the purpose of the line when they did that.
    core42 and Strohsbeforehoes like this.
  3. imyourhero21

imyourhero21 Zealot (505) Oct 9, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Oh there was def cutting. When you make a snake line its pretty easy to do.
    BigSpeen3436, Bung and core42 like this.
  4. riemster

riemster Devotee (458) Mar 17, 2011 Ohio
    Beer Trader

A couple people thought I was line cutting last year, but I was outside at 830PM. Second group in line. I'm a social butterfly when I drink and I got lost in the crowd line by morning/order line-up time. My awesome friend fetched my drunk ass, so it looked like I was cutting probably. Beer garden (1st class) people should be allowed to mingle with the back of the line (coach)! Haha. I think that type of scenario occurs more than people ACTUALLY cutting in line. I could have sat in a heated tent all night, but I rather meet new friends!
  5. Fargrow

Fargrow Zealot (573) Feb 7, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I got there about right when you posted so we must have been close. I was right by the beer garden where it started to curve back out. I didn't see line cutting, but I wasn't paying attention.
  6. prior2two

prior2two Devotee (404) Oct 18, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Can someone post the pick-up times by any chance?

Just trying to figure out if I neef to headover sooner rather than later.
  7. steebo777

steebo777 Zealot (511) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

PS They're on about number 400
    szmnnl99 and Flabbyjandro like this.
  8. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Devotee (468) Jun 12, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Thanks for the update on numbers!!
  9. Mandark

Mandark Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2008 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Who was the guy calling out the short of stature dude for line cutting (he'd been there all night in the same spot) and then calling him a "midget" multiple times? If you know him, punch him in the face for me.
    chrisbokmuller and Runninmixz like this.
  10. archiebunkerjr

archiebunkerjr Aspirant (250) Oct 25, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Sounds about right. I checked at 4:00PM and was told they were on around 350. I got there late and got #710. I was really hoping they would speed through the line faster than what they posted but no dice.
  11. Beerdudenumberone

Beerdudenumberone Aspirant (296) Dec 9, 2012 Indiana
    Beer Trader

There was definite line cutting. My group got in line at 6:30pm Friday night and we were Around 175. By the time they handed out tickets we were in the 240's. All those people were saving spots for their friends when they showed up hours later. They need to hand people numbers as the line forms and not wait till the jumbled up crap at the end. I don't care if your wife is showing up with food in an hour. Tough shit! She goes to the back of the line!
    craigo19, Ferocious, Fargrow and 5 others like this.
  12. Runninmixz

Runninmixz Initiate (105) Sep 22, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I'm just surprised this event isn't set up better. Having to wait 20+hrs for beer is brutal. I'm not sure what the alternative is, but this is like the black friday of beer.
  13. wyckyd_sceptre

wyckyd_sceptre Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Bitch bitch bitch moan moan moan. It was my first year and I got there at 3:00am and had some cool beers in line and got to try everything on draft that I wanted to. Yeah I dont have any DBPt5 to trade but that's not what it should be about.

Can't wait for next year.
    Marti403 and riemster like this.
  14. JohnB87

JohnB87 Initiate (108) Mar 14, 2011 Michigan

Jesus titty-fucking Christ. You people always find a way to complain.

When we showed back up for the party at 1 pm, the next blank order form was number 745, meaning you could still get 2 cases of BBPT5 without issue. People lined up early essentially only for a chance at Bourbrum BBPT5 (which isn't as good as normal BBPT5 anyway).
    I've already given away half my bottles of BourbRum to people who got shut out because I honestly don't give a fuck. And neither should you.
    Go there. Buy beer. Quit bitching.
    Zaphog, jiggidy, TheGoof and 20 others like this.
  15. apendecto

apendecto Initiate (79) Mar 31, 2009 Michigan

Honestly, that's what they need: A reason not to stay in line all night. Who wouldn't swing over there at 2pm after sleeping in your own bed to get two cases of a top 250 beer?
  16. Slick50

Slick50 Initiate (183) Apr 20, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Got my allotment, no DBB but got it early and already home. Nice.
    FEUO likes this.
  17. Runninmixz

Beer Trader

Wow lots of harsh words and excitement all the sudden. Strange way to calm us crazy complainers down. Must be the lack of sleep and hypothermia. I commend everyone who loves this tradition, I just don't have the time to dedicate to it despite how much fun it can potentially be. If anyone has any of the releases to spare I'm in the market. Cheers everyone!
  18. jsavoie604

jsavoie604 Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2014 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Same here, I couldn't make it. If there allowing anyone to buy more plead I can paypal someone in oakland county to pick me up whatever extra they can pick up! Or if anyone wants to recoup some cash before the wife finds out...let me know!
    Runninmixz likes this.
  19. gashmoney

gashmoney Aspirant (291) Apr 10, 2013 Michigan

I actually have no complaints this year which is saying a lot, I'm kind of a dickhead. I felt stupid showing up at 4am to be pretty close to the end of the line but thats on me. I had to laugh when I got up to pick up my order and could have actually bought more Plead because there was so much left. Gotta hand it to Dark Horse this year.
    MichPaul likes this.
  20. fredmugs

fredmugs Poo-Bah (1,533) Aug 11, 2012 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I'm cool with waiting in line because that's what it is. But telling people to leave that line, take your shit to the car, and reform the line is fucking retarded. Recipe for disaster.
  21. Runninmixz

Beer Trader

So they still have more left? If I was looking for a a bunch I would consider the drive.
  22. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Devotee (468) Jun 12, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Just left, still had prob 75 to 100 cases, if say through tomorrow mid day your prob good. But def lots of people were getting more so you never know.
    Runninmixz likes this.
  23. Runninmixz

Beer Trader

Crazy that there so much extra. I posted for a 4 pack of BBPT5 and a 4 Pack of Rum elf and haven't gotten any responses yet.
  24. sarcastro

sarcastro Disciple (335) Sep 20, 2006 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I got there at 12:30 pm and got number 729. It was better than I thought.
    #584 sarcastro, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  25. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Crusader (715) Apr 3, 2006 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Any cases left? What time do they close tonight?
  26. core42

core42 Devotee (480) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

My only issue was telling us "only people in line at 5:30am so at 5:15am, 4 of the 6 people in my party take most of our stuff to our trucks, get back at 5:20 & the other 2 are nowhere to be found because the line moved A LOT. There was cutting during this time as we passed a couple of people that we knew were behind us before. If they would've said the line moves at 5:20 then we would've taken stuff back earlier. Just annoying to have them say one thing then do another.
    Other than that it was a great time in line (before moving) & at the party too. Oh and db pt5th was meh
    fredmugs likes this.
  27. steebo777

steebo777 Zealot (511) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

Excellent times all around, best year yet for 4elf. The security guards kept all the riff-raft to a minimum and it was awesome catching up with BAs I haven't seen in a long time. The last band kicked some serious ass. Can't remember their name but they're from Lansing. Drinking BBPlead all night and eating VERY well made food were just the icing on the cake.

I was standing on around the bottle sales area and the lady selling literally told me "Buy all the Boubron Plead you want, please". Obviously they made a lot and I know what to do next year. No waiting all night, just get in day of, enjoy the party and pick up some BBPlead.
    raymo55, Marti403, core42 and 5 others like this.
  28. hopspartan

hopspartan Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2011 Michigan

Did any cases of BBPtf survive the end of the night or did it all sell? I may head up this today if any is left.
    Runninmixz likes this.
  29. ColonelHopslam

ColonelHopslam Disciple (341) Jan 22, 2014 Michigan
    Beer Trader

100% this. Bottle share, meat sticks, great times with some incredibly generous BA's. Felt like shit for most of yesterday, only made it at the party until 3 thanks to a family Christmas party, but wouldn't change a thing, other than not eating that fucking b&g pizza.
    adamdd and Fargrow like this.
  30. Amorfati

Amorfati Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Just called the general store and the guy there said he doesn't know if anything is still available and that if it is it won't be available until Monday? Wasnt too helpful...
  31. tommyz

tommyz Devotee (420) May 28, 2007 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Was an amazing time...Glad to see a lot of people I knew, didnt know...Fantastic food!!!! Fantastic people!!! Fantastic Beer!!! And Fantastic Event!!!
    steebo777 and ColonelHopslam like this.
  32. Squiggy

Squiggy Initiate (173) Feb 18, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Cases still for sale at General store.
    TDavis likes this.
  33. TDavis

TDavis Initiate (126) Jun 29, 2013 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Damn I wish columbus was closer. Nice bonus for the locals.
  34. CaGarbage

CaGarbage Initiate (138) Jan 25, 2014 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Got the same response.
  35. Amorfati

Beer Trader

Haha, so what's the real deal?
    CaGarbage likes this.
  36. Fargrow

Fargrow Zealot (573) Feb 7, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

This was my first 4 elf. I went alone at 8:30pm Friday, met some awesome, generous people. Tried insane beer. Had a blast. I went back for the party last night and that was a ton of fun too. I'll definitely be back next year.
  37. JakeT469

JakeT469 Disciple (356) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

You didn't HAVE to wait for 20+ hours. That was 100% your own choice. You have no one to blame but yourself.
    ElGordito, M1A2, Ferocious and 2 others like this.
  38. dmhurdle

dmhurdle Aspirant (286) Apr 30, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

There were lots of line cutters and people taking 2 or more forms. I got there around 6 with roughly 75 people ahead of me. With all the line cutters and people gaming the system I ended up with form number 194!! The next day during bottle pick ups there were people in that line who weren't even there the night before. I was still able to get everything except the 2012 bbpt5, but some people are real jerks. I wish there was a better system to make things fair.
    smithj2154, Bung, JohnB87 and 3 others like this.
  39. Amorfati

Beer Trader

Ya, don't drive down here, they won't sell any leftovers until tomorrow.
    CaGarbage and Mothergoose03 like this.
  40. BuckeyeBeerhead

BuckeyeBeerhead Aspirant (214) Jun 18, 2014 Ohio
    Beer Trader

We had an awesome experience. Met so many cool people and had a blast. That being said, the line fiasco needs to be fixed. People that were nice and friendly all night turned into absolute assholes when DH had everyone take all tents, chairs, grills, etc. back to their cars. There was terrible line cutting, arguing, name calling, and threats being issued. It's really upsetting for people to take their time and stand in line for hours and do the honest thing and end up getting shut out of items they sought out because a bad few think it's ok to just cut or show up last minute to stand up front with friends who placed a chair down for them the whole night. Just sad that people can't be honest and allow those that did put in their time to reap the benefits that should be attached with doing so.

The other disappointment was the allotments of the BourbRum. We drove four and a half hours to get there at 10pm in order to be one of the first 432 so that we could get our one four pack. Even with all of the line cutting, we were so excited to see that we had forms 347 and 348. My heart sunk when I saw that the allotment said 2 four packs per person. I had hoped that meant there was much more than they announced or that it was a typo that would be rectified when filling the orders. Unfortunately, neither happened. We honestly would have just showed up in the morning at the start of the party had we known it was going to be like that. Luckily, an awesome gentleman gave my wife and I a bottle of his allotment unprovoked. We were so appreciative and couldn't get over how generous that was.

I've already seen responses to complaints of the same nature as mine and they seem to follow the "quit bitching and enjoy beer" or "the BourbRum wasn't even that great". To that, I respectfully say kiss my ass. We had a blast at the event. But we could have still done that while getting sleep and saving money to not invest into coming so early if we knew we could show up in the morning and leave with the same allotment we ended up with. And I don't personally care what others thought of the BourbRum. We loved it and would have liked to have left with our four pack of it that we rightfully should have earned by putting in the time.

All of that aside, great party, mostly awesome people, fantastic beer, and an event that I hope to return to next year.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.