5 hour layover in London-Heathrow

Discussion in 'British Isles' started by westcoastbeerlvr, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westcoastbeerlvr

westcoastbeerlvr Grand Pooh-Bah (3,751) Oct 19, 2010 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hi all, I have a 5 hour layover on Wednesday afternoon in Heathrow. I will be in Terminal 5, but am open to going to other terminals in the airport. Not really looking to leave the airport though.
    What is the best place to sample a good variety of Real Ale in Heathrow?
    Thanks.

2. Ruds

Ruds Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2008 England

Nothing other than Wetherspoons, and pretty average ones at that

The best one by far in my LHR experiences is the one 'landside' at T123 called the Skylark

They at least get a couple of guest beers in as opposed to the standard 'dull' JDW range

3. digita7693

digita7693 Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2010 Germany

I usually go to the world of whisky/whisky emporium thing, when I have a long layover there. Taste several whiskies, then whatever bar I go to afterwards it doesn't really matter how boring their beer selection is:slight_smile:

4. Ruds

less tasting - more purchasing please, we have an economy to re-build !

5. digita7693

digita7693 Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2010 Germany

I always purchase something to take with me:slight_smile: And trust me, my wife and I did all we could to help rebuild the economy on our trip to London in January: nice hotel, visiting great restaurants, secret cinema, craft beer co (a couple visits), cannot wait for our next visit!
    Ill inject more money into the UK economy when I visit Edinburgh in June, just trying to do my part:wink:

6. Ruds

Good man !

Don't go too mad in Edinburgh, they may not be part of our economy for much longer if some folks up there get their way !!!

7. Ruds

Brief update

I flew out of T5 last Wednesday and in addition to the usual suspects: -Pride, Moorland Original (disguised as Crown Rivers Ale) and Abbott, they had 2 guest beers in the form of Mordue - Gadgie Radgie and Summerskills (can't rememeber the name but along the lines of pig belly vengeance?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.