8one8 Brewing

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Yabu, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (274) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

They opened up their tasting room, finally! For those that are local, their address is 8951 De Soto Ave, Canoga Park, CA 91304

The soft opening, started yesterday.

TASTING ROOM HOURS:
    4.26.18: THURSDAY 5pm till 10pm
    4.27.18: FRIDAY 5pm till 10pm
    4.28.18: SATURDAY Noon till 10pm
    4.29.18: SUNDAY Noon till 8pm

I live fairly close, so I stopped by just before closing. Tried their 1st stage IPA and Valhalla Porter Whiskey BA 2017. There was a good turnout. Hopefully they'll do well.

Retsinis and vurt like this.
  2. ISaidDankNotDrank

ISaidDankNotDrank Initiate (21) Oct 23, 2016 California

I was there on Friday night. I salute anyone who had to navigate the City of LA permitting process as long as they have.

Had a flight of their 5 beers on tap. I've had their double IPA before at restaurants. That and the belgian tripel were the standouts to me.

I think they will be a solid neighborhood brewery and am happy for the West Valley that they finally have somewhere to go. Hopefully Cellador can take care of whatever issues are keeping their tasting room closed.

Pro tip: if you want a break from drinking beer among bearded millennials and hipsters, go to Schoonerville a block away for a true blue-collar bar experience complete with lady-bartender-who-talks-like-a-sailor

Retsinis likes this.
  3. Retsinis

Retsinis Crusader (721) Sep 25, 2009 California

Or the Cowboy Palace, Casey's Tavern. (not quite indie/craft, but certainly local and not hipster) I rotate a bit between Instant Replay, The Rabbit Hole, the West end, & Crazy Harry's myself for west valley bars these days.

As for 8one8, I concur, it has been quite satisfying to finally have an actual brewery tasting room within a mile or 2 of my house. Coming from a person who use to travel to San Diego 10 years ago for a good tasting room, or Blue Palms from the west valley for a decent beer, the distances for me to tasting room have been getting shorter and shorter over that span, and now a bike ride or wakling distance, it's a true beer renaissance right now.

As of now, I believe both Cellador, and Hand Brewed are both slated to open some time before the end of the year, barring any hiccups. Fingers crossed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.