ABCs

Discussion in 'New England' started by commis, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. commis

commis Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2009 Massachusetts

Where is it?
    I have yet to see it in any of my usual Jacks Abby spots... Where are you guys getting it?

2. Lukaduke

Lukaduke Initiate (0) May 22, 2012 Maine

Redstones and Learys is where I have found some.

Ganglani likes this.
  3. seanwhite

seanwhite Disciple (395) Jan 31, 2008 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I went right to the brewery for ABCS and Framminghammer

4. meadnbrew

meadnbrew Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2013 Rhode Island

Yankee Spirits in North Attleboro has a couple bottles left near the JA 4-packs

5. SHCC

SHCC Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2012 Massachusetts

Charles Street Liquors has some (Charles.MGH on the Red Line). Someone mentioned that in another post, and I grabbed two bottles at lunch. It seemed like they had a fair amount left when I was there. Boston Wine Exchange would be another good place to look in Boston.

6. BlueRogue

BlueRogue Disciple (342) May 1, 2011 Maine

I got mine at Leary's. Also saw it at Georgio's.

7. BarrelAgedBrian

BarrelAgedBrian Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2013 Massachusetts

Thought I saw a few bottles at Marty's in Newton

8. MattOC

MattOC Aspirant (206) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Picked up a few bottles of it at Craft Beer Cellar in Belmont tonight. They had bunch.

9. willbm3

willbm3 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2010 Massachusetts

Charles st Liquors and Boston wine exchange have it. Great beer

10. omniscientcause

omniscientcause Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2010 District of Columbia

why does it seem all the JA releases are limited now...there is no way this will be smaller release than kiwi right? I was able to pick that up consistently for 6 weeks

11. MattOC

Beer Trader

It would really be nice to have the city designations back. I know they are due back eventually, but I have no idea where this BA is located and he didn't indicate it. It's helpful that we are throwing places out to him, but who knows where he is and/or if these places are close to him and useful.
    Otherwise, are people having difficulty finding this? Mondays are probably slow for beer sales, but I waltzed into my local and grabbed a few bottles. There was at least two plus cases on display. I wasn't even shopping for it, but saw that it was there and bought some. Love Jack's Abby!

12. omniscientcause

I go to baur on newbury in Boston, tom said it would be in wed most likely...but everything seems limited for releases there and comes and goes within a few days. Even things like flower power only last a week there. .

But I could go to these other places to get some just pretty busy with work lately. Just bad timing.

13. MattOC

Beer Trader

Well if you get shut out let me know and I can keep an eye out for some in the 'burbs if you need it.

14. willbm3

Not sure. BA Framinghammer makes sense, but I REALLY wish they did a year round DIPL. It was the first thing I thought after drinking my first Hoponius

MattOC likes this.
  15. MattOC

Beer Trader

Agreed. Wish I drank more Kiwi while it was around.

16. omniscientcause

im just apprehensive because people post things like there are a few bottles left...it was released like 3 days ago how can this be the case ha. I guess I get it for Framminghammer but I just want this one to last.

All this just causes people to go out and get it quicker and its all gone within a week as a result.

17. commis

My bad. I'm just south of Boston. Agreed, I prefered the the city designation.
    At any rate, thanks guys, I'll swing by Boston Wine Exchange tonight.

18. MattOC

Beer Trader

No worries. Just don't want to give you places that are nowhere near where you are at or that aren't reasonable trips for you. Good luck.

19. SHCC

SHCC Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2012 Massachusetts

If you are south of Boston, I find Granite Liquors in Weymouth to have a pretty strong selection of Jack's Abby. Sometimes it is a toss up between them and Curtis Liquors down there, but for Jack's Abby, I would probably check Granite first.

SammyG likes this.
  20. WeymouthMike

WeymouthMike Devotee (455) Jun 22, 2004 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Got mine at Granite the end of last week, they had a bunch, but I would call first. They had plenty of framinghammer too.

21. halfshell

halfshell Aspirant (280) Nov 30, 2008 Massachusetts

Whole Foods Dedham had it last week as well (and still some BA Framinghammer)...

22. meadnbrew

meadnbrew Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2013 Rhode Island

When I said a 'couple bottles' I meant on the shelf. Good chance they still have more.

PS JA is in your state, take a ride over :stuck_out_tongue:

23. omniscientcause

I would but I don't have my car in the city so if I wanted to get it it's a 9 dollar train ticket just to pick it up.

If I had my car in Boston I would be going to ja and treehouse every other weekend.

24. KBrennan1000

KBrennan1000 Initiate (0) Sep 20, 2010 Massachusetts

I still have about a case and a half of both BA Framinghammer and ABCS in Marshfield. No limits.

nathanb47 likes this.
  25. MVP09

MVP09 Devotee (417) Oct 19, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Not sure how far people are willing to travel but Julio's is always a good source for JA

26. commis

Picked some up at BWX. $5 a bottle. This is the shit that makes them one of the very best breweries in Mass.
    5 fucking dollars.

MattOC likes this.
  27. brikelly

brikelly Aspirant (269) Apr 11, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Got mine in Andover Liquors.

28. MattOC

Beer Trader

Seriously. I got my bottles for $4.50 apiece. Can't beat the quality combined with that price.

29. willbm3

It's funny, wine exchange is one of the more expensive stores on the city. It's $4.50 at Charles St. and I can only imagine what it goes for at Julio's. Still a great deal for 16.9oz of that beer. Then again, Heady Topper pints are only $3 :slight_frown:

30. BarrelAgedBrian

BarrelAgedBrian Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2013 Massachusetts

Saw it at Bay State Foods for like $5.50.

31. jomobono

jomobono Disciple (348) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts
    Subscriber Beer Trader

$3.50 at Wegmans.

32. MattOC

Beer Trader

Hard pressed to beat that depending on where you are at and where you shop. I had no problem paying $4.50, but $3.50 is outstanding.

33. jomobono

jomobono Disciple (348) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Wegmans is generally always a dollar or two cheaper.

34. willbm3

Don't think you're ever gonna beat their prices. They have a massive amount of purchasing power and unlike liquor stores they don't have to make all their profit on booze.

35. omniscientcause

When will it be my turn for wegmans...they need to hurry up and build the one in Fenway.

36. willbm3

I would be very surprised if the supposed Fenway Wegmans sold alcohol. Wouldn't count on it

37. jamvt

jamvt Disciple (386) Aug 5, 2005 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

it most definitely will. industry source. all of their ma stores will have alcohol.

38. mmcgrath

mmcgrath Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2003 Massachusetts

Am I the only one who thought this thread was going to be about departments of Alcohol Beverage Control?

39. Longstaff

Longstaff Initiate (0) May 23, 2002 Massachusetts

Good beer, but I've had hoppier Hoponius. IMO, not worth the extra $2 a bottle over Hoponius.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.