AC Golden Framboise Noir

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by gueuzedreg, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gueuzedreg

gueuzedreg Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2013 Colorado

Has anyone seen AC Golden Framboise Noir in stores around Denver metro anywhere in the past few days?

Cheers!

2. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,686) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

Boulder Liquor Mart (not sure if that's still Denver metro...) still had some late last week.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  3. Ousted

Ousted Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2013 Colorado

I recently saw a few bottles at Water Tower Liquors in Olde Town Arvada.

4. gueuzedreg

Got one at Water Tower Liquors, thanks Ousted. I talked with the beer buyer at Hazels and he said that he is getting more in two weeks, so must be batch 2; they are churning out framboise noir every four months?? crazy

budsandsuds8 likes this.
  5. MCain04

MCain04 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2013 Texas

If anyone has a bottle they could part with, please let me know! Dying to try this one

6. eawolff99

eawolff99 Meyvn (1,161) May 10, 2010 Minnesota
    Trader

Just sent a note...

7. scray24

scray24 Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2008 Colorado

Parker Payless had a number of them... although it was more than a week ago.

8. gueuzedreg

I live really close to them, I grabbed one, they had one left; I went back the next day to get it and it was gone :slight_frown:

9. gueuzedreg

Follow-up with the Framboise Noir that Hazels said that they were getting more of in a few weeks

From AC Golden:
    "He is most likely getting our Belgian Style Kriek, a sour made with cherries. We have no more Framboise Noir. Hope you like the Kriek!" meh :slight_frown:

10. purplewindex

purplewindex Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2014 Colorado

Had that at WTF?! last week and was severely underwhelmed. Maybe it's because they set the bar pretty high with Framboise Noir, but I wasn't a huge fan.

TDavEdMac likes this.
  11. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,686) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

IMO, their best hidden barrel beers are Ctayt and the various Colorambic beers.
    While they don't get much attention, their German beers are also fantastic. The first time I ever met Troy he was primarily showing German and North European beers at a Wynkoop fest. They have a mean dunkel and Baltic porter.

12. Prospero

Prospero Savant (970) Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Trader

If anyone knows where I can find some of this around Denver/Bolder/FoCo please send me a message. I figure CBC wiped us out but thought I'd check. Thanks.

13. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poo-Bah (3,885) May 19, 2005 Colorado
    Society Trader

Highlands liquor had the Apricot, Peach and Stout....no Frammy though...last week

14. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado

You just traded me one

15. Prospero

Trader

I know.... and the one I kept to drink broke over the weekend, along with an Apricot. :slight_frown: I feel confident I can replace both though.

16. gueuzedreg

Ya, Apricot is out there. Framboise Noir is good sh*t!

17. Prospero

Trader

Anyone seen the Kriek yet? Also is it a re-brew of the original or new? People I've talked to about it seem to think it's a different version of Kriek.

18. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado

Different version and heard May. So I would expect it in the next 2-3 weeks

Prospero and tacosandbeer like this.
  19. knucks999

knucks999 Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2008 Colorado

A friend of mine told me they saw 4 bottles of FN yesterday at the liquor store next to King Soopers in Castle Rock off of N Ridge Rd. Happy hunting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.