ACBF Limited releases?

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Events' started by JulieBabs531, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JulieBabs531

JulieBabs531 May 31, 2013 Massachusetts

Does anyone know if any brewers are bringing any rare, limited release, or short-run beers? There are usually at least 2 or 3 of these per session from my experiences in years past. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

2. cbeer88

cbeer88 Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

ACBF isn't really about that. As it has gotten larger and more popular, it seems to be moving even further away from the limited stuff.

There are a few odds and ends, but no Surly Darkness or anything like that this year. Lawson's is probably your rarest stuff...

3. pjs234

pjs234 Jun 29, 2008 Connecticut

Lawson's had some sort of Double IPA special release that was on tap last night around 8:30 or so. Does anyone know what it was called? I tried it and it was sublime. Just can't recall the name.

4. HevvyMetalHippie

HevvyMetalHippie Nov 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I think I heard it was Peril

5. Lledd

Lledd Apr 23, 2013 Massachusetts

It was Peril, yummy. DC Brau had OTWOA and Duck Rabbit was doing certain samples at scheduled times.

6. spider05660

spider05660 Sep 15, 2008 Vermont

Lawson's actually had limited releases at each sesion - bourbon barrell aged FMIS Saturday and year old bottles of Maple Barrel aged FMIS on Sat. night (that's 2 years old if you're keeping score).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!