Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

ACBF: Session Preference?

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Events' started by jtads122, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtads122

For those who have been to multiple ACBF sessions, do you have a preference of which session is the best? When I attend festivals, I usually try to get tickets for the Saturday night sessions. Sometimes it seems the brewers run out of their top brews by this session though. Has anyone experienced this with the ABCF?

2. BaneThunderwolf

I can think of a couple of at least one ACBF where there's been something rare that's run out on the first session. While the brewers are encouraged to ration beers to last over all sessions, not all of them do so.

3. BobberBrewer

I agree. First sessions are best in my opinion- the brewers are fresh and haven't answered the same questions 100 times, the beer is generally all there. Not like you're really going to miss that much by coming to a later session, but if you had free reign to pick I'd think first is the best.

4. Ericness

I always prefer the first Saturday one. No rush to get there after work and you've spent a nice spring/summer afternoon day drinking in style.

imfromwisconsin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe