Add Enjoy By as a new beer?

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by brureview, Jun 24, 2019.

?

Should each new Stone Brewing Enjoy By be added to Beer Advocate as a new beer?

1. Yes

32.3%
  2. No

67.7%
  1. brureview

brureview Poo-Bah (1,637) Jan 20, 2012 Massachusetts

Beer Advocate should have a new beer added for each Stone Brewing Enjoy By. The beer has substantially changed over the years with the development of new hops. It’s not the same beer.

I don’t like deleting my original review, I’d rather review each Enjoy By as it comes out.

2. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (1,934) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good point, but where do we draw the line? There's a lot of OG beers that ARE NOT the same anymore. Cheers!

Roguer and raynmoon like this.
  3. hoagzzz

hoagzzz Initiate (185) Feb 28, 2014 Pennsylvania

I vote yes as my main motivation in trying each edition is to beef up my Untappd stats.

4. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Poo-Bah (1,661) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona
    Society Trader

I would go with a yes since it is a new beer and should get rated as such.

FBarber likes this.
  5. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,175) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

BeerAdvocate has very clearly drawn a line with respect to yearly (or more frequent, in the case of Enjoy By) iterations of the same beer: if there is a significant change (not just ABV, or a tweak to the hop load), it becomes a new beer.

Funny enough, Untappd actually says the same thing on their site, but every single beer gets added as a yearly variation, even when there is no actual variety.

I don't foresee Enjoy By being added as multiple beers, outside of the very specific variants, such as Unfiltered. I also don't see the need for it. Stone tweaks the recipe from time to time, but they're not releasing a wave of single hop Enjoy By iterations. If they did that, then yes, there would be a good reason to add new versions to the database.

Cheers!