Addicted to buying

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mmmbeerNY, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJNAPS

CJNAPS Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2013 California

My wife sees it as a beer buying problem, I just think I'm awesome.

2. tripledbrew

tripledbrew Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2011 Kentucky

Yes; I may be, and according to my wallet, and I quote, " You have a damn problem".

3. NorthCoastPranqster

NorthCoastPranqster Aspirant (285) Aug 14, 2013 Georgia

What he said!

StoutElk_92 and creepinjeeper like this.
  4. 3DMan

3DMan Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2015 Michigan

This is a great topic, as I've been struggling with this myself. I've realized I've let a few too many hops go too long. I've really really concentrated on tightening up on the IPA buying, making sure I buy what I can drink in a timely fashion. I work two jobs about sixty hours a week, one of which is a bar, my GF always wants to go out to drink and this hampers my enjoying at home. I couldn't just keep buying sixers with a shortish shelf life when I only get to one or two a week.
    Being in MI and a Short's fan, I usually by a sixer or every specialty beer they put out, and they put out a sh@t ton. Not to mention all the other great MI breweries, and then so much good out of state stuff as well.
    I've come to tone it down now, and a few things are helpful like giving trade extras, having friends over for a tasting (always always a good thing) or giving my not-quite-as-beer-insane brother a variety case for Xmas. Going with anything Belgian, BA, ageable helps as well, knowing I can sit on it for a while.
    When the time is right, like a recent Ohio beercation I had, I let loose a bit and stock up. Otherwise, I'm glad I've managed to reel it in a bit. So yeah. Cheers!

OldManMetal likes this.
  5. Hoppedelic

Hoppedelic Initiate (193) Dec 6, 2010 California
    Trader

I'm on vacation in San Diego and have spent over $400 on bottled beer so far and am not done yet. Also had to buy a new suitcase to haul it all home on the plane. It's great fun for sure.

Davidstan likes this.
  6. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,949) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Please accept this communication as my official offer to help you get your cellar under control!

AugustusRex likes this.
  7. RBowers

RBowers Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2014 Virginia

I mentioned this recently actually. This is a hobby that makes me feel hip and a part of something cool. I don't like the feeling when I drink beer, maybe because I didn't have my first beer until about 2 years ago and I'm 27 now. I love going to bottle releases and standing in line socializing and then maxing my allotment. I have a pretty nice collection at this point seeing I rarely if ever drink.

8. jssf

jssf Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2015 California

8/10

9. laketang

laketang Poo-Bah (1,547) Mar 22, 2015 Arizona
    Society

I think with what you posted that if you rarely if ever drink, save yourself, go find a different site because we will suck you in, because this is a beer drinkers website and that's my opinion only, and sage advice from laketang.

10. Davidstan

Davidstan Aspirant (288) May 24, 2014 Alabama
    Trader

To support you here is me currently
    3 SA Lager
    2 Anchor Christmas Ale
    2 Lenie Helles Yeah
    2 Celebration Ale
    5 Orpheus Life Death
    4 CC Tropicalia
    3 Yuengling
    2 yuengling Light
    2 Brooklyn Lager
    1 25 oz Brettomatic
    1 Longfin Lager BP
    3 Sculpin BP
    3 SN Nooner
    I have no free loading friends when they come by to visit they usually bring a sixer of whatever but the above i purchased the last 4 weeks. Will take me 3 weeks to consume if i dont add, but i will.

11. sposter4

sposter4 Zealot (541) Mar 26, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I definitely buy more than a drink/should. I try not to keep a huge cellar because i don't have the room so i end up sharing a lot with friends. I think sharing new beers with friends is almost as good as buying new beers.... almost

12. Dan_K

Dan_K Zealot (515) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

I got some Christmas money this year. I used it to buy some expensive beers. That shows how far I've fallen!

StoutElk_92 and Wolfhead like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.