adding new beers to new breweries

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by unlikelyspiderperson, Sep 19, 2020.

1. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Poo-Bah (1,567) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

I submitted the addition of a new.brewery earlier today (it appears to be contract brewed but there was some press stating that they had a pop up pub earlier in the year). To add beers to that brewery do I need to wait for some kind of approval of that new place to go through? When it is approved will it show up as a place on the search function or will I have to find it through the add a beer function?

2. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (3,927) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Moderator Society Trader

Newly added places have to be approved - once that’s done, it will be added to the database and you’ll be able to search for it like normal and add beers.

3. unlikelyspiderperson

Society Trader

Well I guess I'm committed to buying another can from dokkaebier. I'd feel bad adding them and then not adding a beer. I drank (OK, am drinking) the one that spurred the add.

PapaGoose03, bluejacket74 and FBarber like this.
  4. elNopalero

elNopalero Poo-Bah (3,948) Oct 14, 2009 California
    Society Trader

What do you think of their beers? I just read about them on an Eater SF post. Curious, but not ready to commit to a case.

5. unlikelyspiderperson

Society Trader

I drank a wit beer brewed with lemongrass and black and Szechuan peppercorns and it is nice. Would go really well with east Asian food or south Asian food. I'll give some of the other ones a try as well probably.

FBarber likes this.
  6. elNopalero

elNopalero Poo-Bah (3,948) Oct 14, 2009 California
    Society Trader

Excuse the thread hijack here. Some of the descriptions sound so interesting, and what I assume is local brewing is a plus. I’ve seen some similar styles or combinations in imports, but they tend to be ... not so fresh.

7. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (7,694) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

If it was contract brewed, I think you would add it under the contractors listing.

8. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Poo-Bah (3,319) Oct 4, 2017 Germany
    Moderator Society Trader

Beers should always be added under the brewery that makes them, no matter if they make them at their own brewery or contract brew at another brewery.

If a brewery contract brews, there is an option to denote that when adding the brewery. If the contract brewery is known, it should be mentioned in the notes field.

Also, breweries should always be entered under their own address, not the contract brewery's address. If you cannot find an address for the original brewery, just leave the fields blank.

9. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,833) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

I have added beers to a new brewery that I just got approved, but sometimes it's beers that I didn't drink. If the beers are already added, even without my rating or review, I think it encourages others to rate/review since it's already listed.

unlikelyspiderperson and FBarber like this.
  10. unlikelyspiderperson

Society Trader

Oops, screwed that one up. I definitely added the contract brewers address because it was the one on the can

11. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (3,927) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Moderator Society Trader

We'll take care of it.

the listing is live: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/59808/

unlikelyspiderperson likes this.
  12. unlikelyspiderperson

Society Trader

Thanks. Should I submit some edits (the actual address [pretty sure its in an article that was linked in the pacific forum] and the note about contract brewer)?

Strike all that, the team behind the curtain already corrected it. Great job, that's why this site is awesome

PapaGoose03 and FBarber like this.